Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$114
Booking.comUS$114
PricelineUS$114
Hotels.comUS$114
Agoda.comUS$114
eDreamsUS$114
All reviews great location front desk trader joe s floor lounge fourth floor the magnificent mile mag mile sofa bed hotel bar parking garage within walking distance indoor pool michigan avenue business trip river north mixologist block
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Several issues with this hotel! In the times of covid-19, one would think that a hotel chain would take care of its hotel guest with status. My partner and I booked a Superior King Suite, and at check-in, we were given a standard “Classic King.” Our friend who also booked the same level or room checked in after us and was assigned the correct room type. At the time, no one at the hotel could assist us in the lobby, and we were told to call in on Monday and speak with the manager. After speaking with Marriott Bonvoy Elite customer service desk, they informed me that there was nothing that they could do. I then called to talk with the hotel manager herself, and she told me that it was the correct room and that if I really wanted, she would go up and look at it. Something tells me that she didn’t. The Marriott AC Chicago Downtown simply did not provide the proper customer service and took advantage of an LGBTQ couple. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Furthermore, I will be looking into booking with Hilton or another chain that does not discriminate on an LGBTQ couple.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank E627GQwilliamk
Jeff Stewart, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

E627GQwilliamk,
I truly am sorry you feel this way and apologize on behalf of Marriot Bonvoy and our entire hotel. I did confirm the room the stayed in was the room you booked, the Superior King, however, I also sent you a private email to discuss this matter and resolve it to your satisfaction.
I hope to hear back from you soon.
Jeff

Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

Just wanted some alone time for the weekend the location of this hotel it perfect. Its in the center of everything. The room size is great and the shower was amazing. Will stay at if in Chicago again in the near future.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeff Stewart, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2021

Thanks for the great review Vickeyloves.....We appreciated you choosing to spend your alone time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Jeff

Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this property. The style of the rooms is distinct and different than other traditional American hotels that we stayed in- it is a cool change of pace. The workout room is very spacious and the pool is very nice. Covid precautions are being observed and we felt very comfortable in this environment. Checkin staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Room was very clean and well appointed. Definitely a recommended downtown stay in Chicago.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff Stewart, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the AC Hotel Chicago Downtown.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2020

DO. NOT. COME. HERE
Live review: I'm in my room right now on 10/24 at 10pm. The room next to me has speakers blasting rap music with screaming and jumping on the bed? I called the desk THREE times, one of the times I was told 'its the weekend' as an answer. I paid money like everyone else. This has so far been going on over an hour. IM HEATED.

DO NOT COME HERE. Your gonna hear ridiculous rachet explicit rap music with karaoke and a service which doesn't care a out your concerns. A waste of money, so pissed.

Who TF brings a speaker into a hotel room...and what kind of hotel doesn't give af about it's guests.a horrible end to an otherwise great vacation in Chicago.

NEVER AGAIN

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Kaitlyn690792
Reviewed 17 October 2020

This hotel is ideally situated if you're interested in shopping on Michigan Avenue or enjoying some of the many restaurants in the neighborhood.

The rooms are nice but it was housekeeping that we loved at this property. The woman we dealt with went out of the way to get us coffee, etc. that was not in the room thanks to covid.

My only complaint with the room is that it isn't carpeted. Just a personal preference. I think a carpet adds warmth.

Date of stay: October 2020