“Pretty good Thai food with vegetarian options”
Review of Thai Valley

Thai Valley
Ranked #3,038 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is a small place that is quite reasonably priced. They have lunch specials for around $7 until 3:00 pm. Most dinner entrees run about $9 or $10. I had very good and a very large serving of spring rolls. In the future I would have the sauce served on the side as it is very sweet. They were a good deal at $4.75. My wife had a large Tom Yum Seafood soup that was plenty for three. It was excellent.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Was in the neighborhood so decided to try. We're extremely picky with Thai since we have a place we love. It wasn't bad but not quite up to par from our usual. My husband had Pad Thai with chicken/shrimp with glass noodles. It was much more sour tasting then he's used to but not bad (I've had worse). I had chicken pad ka prow (mild). I thought this was good, the dish provided a lot more sauce than I'm used to and I did like that. The Thai egg rolls were a bit strange, not a lot of flavor but not sure I've ever had Thai ones. We did carry out so not sure about service. They didn't have a bar but didn't see signs for BYOB. Big restaurant and only 1 table at 6pm on a Friday. I'd say it's more good than average but wouldn't categorize as very good.

Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

The location is cozy and if there is ever a line, it's well worth the wait. The food is light, fluffy and fresh. Any of the sauces you chose are just delightful. If I didn't live 50 miles south of the location, I'd be there at least twice a week. The staff is friendly and I can't brag enough about the flavor of the food. It's not salty or drowned in oil and it's a fulfilling meal at very reasonable prices. It's a great place to eat!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Some of the best Thai Food in the city. Was there in early January 2014 and a few other times in the last couple of years. We have never had a bad dish; specifically, we have to recommend the Duck Noodle Soup and, especially, the fish-patty appetizer.
Perhaps, if you're in a big hurry, you may find the service a bit inattentive. On the other hand, we sat at a window table with a party of five and visited for over three hours unhassled.
Maybe the patrons are trying to keep this place a secret, I dunno; or maybe it's the BYOB policy; but BYOB helps keep down the amount of the check.
Street metered parking is adequate on Kedzie, and it's also close to a Brown Line (Ravenswood) stop.
In any case, we're goin' back soon; and it makes me hungry to think about it.
(You might wanna finish with a Thai Iced Coffee.)

Reviewed 27 July 2012

If you have the patience for very slow service, but amazing Thai cuisine this is the restaurant for you. MY family and I have been regulars at this place for years, located in Albany Park. The 'Spicy Rice Namsod Salad' is best in Chicago, and I have yet to find elsewhere.

Prices are reasonable and its BYOB. I recommend ordering the whole meal at once, if you don't want to spend 3 hours for the meal.

Been to Thai Valley? Share your experiences!