“Real Italian food”

BarTucci
Ranked #2,202 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This is a well kept secret. Absolutely the best risotto ever. Great service. Everything we had was delicious. Sshhhh can you keep a secret?

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Think about this for second. What makes your serve cook brussel sprouts, but it's freezing cold in the center? I'm spitting it out on my plate. Microwave? Because it's under prepared. I went to Hooters hundreds of times and they always have perfect chicken wings. They're just cooks ad they do a better job. I got the grilled squid which came out great but what is so hard about it. Main course was black ink pasta with lobster and white fish dish. Both were under seasoned and had too much tomato sauce. I don't even want to take pictures because the plate looks so lame and boring. Too much red bro. I don't want to try dessert because the waiter said everything was made from scratch. You can't even cook brussels sprouts but you make your own dessert. Whatever man. Hey, the service was exceptional though. Thats it

Reviewed 23 September 2016

What a gem! Located in the midst of the BarTucci real estate mecca, they own several properties adjacent and across from the restaurant, it's truly a family business. The menu has creative options for all courses. I particularly enjoyed the beet appetizer, Carpaccio Barbabietola, never had such a delicious preparation. We also had the calamari sampler which was lightly fried with vegetables and delicious. My entree was the fresh pasta with beets, Casarecce alla Barbabietola, which was delicious. We also had the Risotto with pear and shrimp, and the gnocchi, also delish. With room for only one dessert, the caramel panacotte was devine.
We did find the sound level too loud and brought this to the attention of our server and one of the owners. He stated that no one ever commented about the sound level, but I find it hard to believe that I was the second person to comment about this in the 2 years they have been open. I hope they take some steps to deaden the sound otherwise, I may not return....and that would be my loss.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

We loved this place. Wonderful menu with a nice variety to suit all tastes as well as vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free diners. However, the menu was not so broad that we got lost. Four of us shared a lovely, fresh, tasty salad with pear, mesclun, gorgonzola; a pasta dish with a variety of mushrooms, and each ordered our own entrées. Shrimp Risotto was divine and really well executed, Steak Pizzaiola was perfect. Another pasta dish was perfectly prepared and the brasciole was tender and flavorful.

The restaurant is byob, which is such a treat for this neighborhood.

The only shortcomings we found were that the bread was a bit average. It is served warm, which is nice, but with all the fabulous Italian bakeries in the area, to serve a typical Gonella style loaf one would find with an Italian Beef sandwich is disappointing.

Dessert was a bit lackluster as well. And, no refills on coffee either.

We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

The guys running BarTucci rock. They know their business, offer up terrific customer service and fun, and -- by the way -- serve up really innovative Italian dishes that make you want to try them all. Eggplant meatballs? Awesome. Love the Linguine Frutti de Mare. And the pasta is homemade a few doors down by another Bartucci family member. Friendly, BYOB and guaranteed great food. Go! You will have found yourself another neighborhood haunt to revisit over and over. p.s. And you can focus on your conversation and company. No distracting sports or loud TVs to be had. :)

Been to BarTucci? Share your experiences!