“Surprisingly very good food.”
Review of Mother Cluckers

Mother Cluckers
Ranked #1,258 of 10,033 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 28 July 2017

At first I was not impressed with this small and crowded place during lunch hour but quickly we secured one tables for our group and staff was very nice and helpful with selections. Although most dishes are with meat I was able to fine some selections for vegetarians which were very delicious (Portobello Mushroom Sandwich). Plus for this place is also that their have their own parking space (and even if they run out of the space on the parking lot there is an easy parking on Foster or Lawrence Street). I am not giving this place 5 stars only becasue of very sticky floor (mush shoes were sticking to the floor) but otherwise one of the best places to go for lunch in Jefferson Park area.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

While taking some sidestreets home from Wrigley Field today I asked Siri for the " best restaurants near me" and came across Mother Cluckers Kitchen. I was a little skeptical of just using my location and star rating from my phone but noticed it was up ahead and what sealed my decision to stop was when I saw on the awning out front that said BROASTED CHICKEN. Immediately I made a hard right into the back parking lot and we gave it a try.

I was there with my wife and my daughter and one of my nieces. A pretty tough group to please but when I saw the variety of items on the menu I figured I was in pretty good shape.

Of course I ordered the broasted chicken...an eight piece order with a large side of macaroni and cheese and collard greens with hush puppies instead of french fries.
The chicken was perfect. Hot, crispy, and juicy...but not oily like fried chicken. Both of their homemade BBQ sauces were ones I will buy next time I go there.
The greens were great. A little sweet but also salty from the bacon they cook it with.

My wife ordered a crabcake po boy sandwich that she enjoyed. Three nice size crab cakes and a remoulade sauce that ranks up there with one of the best she's had.

My niece ordered a Caesar salad. It came on a platter big enough for 2 or 3 people.

My daughter had the Chicken Caesar Panini...it too was awesome. It was piping hot, cooked perfectly with the right combination chicken, cheese, sauce, and bread.

All of this was enough for us to give it another go if we are in the area again, but what made me actually write a review was the service.

From the moment we walked in the staff was friendly and offered suggestions. While we were waiting for our food the manager explained some of the differences between broasting and frying to the girls and gave me the inside scoop on why their collard greens were so good.

After all of us we into our meals the owner and the manager came back to check on us and see if we needed anything. You don't see that enough in smaller walk up, casual restaurants and it really made you know that they were proud of the food they served.
Another tip we were given was to dip the chicken skin in their honey mustard sauce....ridiculous good. Try it.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We first came to Mother Cluckers when they opened and it has been some time since we were there. Since then they have really improved the interior, the exterior and added a patio in the back with a parking lot. We ordered the broasted chicken - excellent, and the smothered chicken - to die for. Comfort food at its finest!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Small but clean establishment. Owner was very friendly and personable. Enjoyed the shrimp po boy and fries. Will definitely return to try other menu items!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I am fortunate to live a block and half away from this restaurant and is my go to when I don't want to cook. EVERYTHING is fresh - I mean, they don't own a freezer. Simply the BEST broasted chicken in my opinion.... juicy, crunchy and flavorful. I always get the mustard dipping sauce, and lots of it or my meal would not be complete. The ribs are amazing fall off the bone yum and the shrimp po boy is top notch!!! I really have not have anything bad here. Oh wait, dessert, if you can fit it in...do, all homemade and soooooooo good.

Been to Mother Cluckers? Share your experiences!