“Best dog i've ever had.”
Review of Hot Doug's Inc. - CLOSED

Hot Doug's Inc.
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've never had a Chicago hot dog. I believe It's a must if you're here. Grilled hot with massive amount of cool toppings. The qeue was very long but it was worth it. Best dog i've ever had.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Doug is a sausage magician. The combinations (such as alligator) are delicious and the service is too

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This restaurant has hands-down the best hotdogs I have ever had and is overall one of my favorite ever. Everything from basic hotdogs, to Chicago Dogs, to "fancier" Alligator Dogs. It also has a great feel, as Doug himself is generally the one who takes your order. I will go back to Chicago just to eat here. It is that good.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Had lunch at Doug's the day after dinner at Joe's Seafood for 7 times the price. Both very good, but obviously for different reasons. Of the two, we definitely will return for more dogs. The alligator tube steak with blue cheese and carmelized onions was outstanding. Fun atmosphere, unique experience, at a reasonable price. Timing is important - only had to wait outside in 30 degree temperature for 15 minutes on a Monday at 12:30 pm. Had we come an hour later, no wait at all. No creme brule or merlot, just excellent comfort food you won't find elsewhere.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Completely pedestrian. Chicago in your hand. There is no wonder why this is #1 on Tripadvisor.

I had an Italian and The Dog. I've sworn off franks for a number of years. I decided to break that here because, well, I've never had a Chicago dog. It's a must if you're here. Grilled hot with a pile of all the cool toppings that make it great - grilled onions, nuclear green relish, mustard, tomatoes, a dill spear, and celery salt. Not to mention the killer bun.

I split a nice portion of duck fat fries with my wife. She had the turducken sausage with pumpkin cream, mustard seed Havarti, and citrus cherries. A lot of flavors in a big bun.

The line was out the door on a day where it was a windy 25 degrees. My wife quipped that "it better be worth it". It is. It so is.