“Classy Old School Hotel”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #34 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I stayed here while in the city for a conference. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location was good, right across from Grant Park, near the Art Institute, and a walk or short Uber Ride to anything you might want to see in the city.

The fitness center was small, but nice. It had 4 treadmills and 4 elliptical machines. The hotel is across the street from Grant Park, which is great for a nice run or walk depending on the weather.

The lobby is well done, classy. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
7  Thank Majorfrank11
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Hello, MajorFrank,
Thank you so much for your kind review of The Blackstone. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Kim C

Write a ReviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is one of the better Marriott Autograph collection hotels I've been to. The lobby is very nicety decorated. The location is right across the street from Grant Park and the Bean and museums are a manageable walk or short Uber ride away.

The quality of the rooms and amenities are quite nice also.

As a Marriott Platinum member, we received $15 for 2 people for breakfast, which doesn't get you a ton of food at their restaurant, but the quality is good.

I'll definitely stay here again when in Chicago.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ee978

Thank you , ee978, for taking the time to write a review on The Blackstone!
We very much appreciate your comments and are so pleased that you enjoyed our location as well as our amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I used priceline; Marriott refused to match their price. Why do they imply their website rates are the lowest available? I was connected to a person who took my information and said they'd get back with me, but never did.
No doorman on arrival and departure.
Once stunning lobby looks more like a used furniture store.
Southern exposure faces Hilton and I wish there were a curtain I could draw for sunlight with privacy. There are only shades.
Nice to be able to change the direction of water head in shower, but not enough water pressure to change the direction of the water.
Bathroom door was cut too long to fit on the track, so its like a door hanging in front of the opening with large gaps on each side.
Shower door inconveniently opens to cover the towel hook.
Excellent temperature control
This was a good location in its day when the loop was more vibrant. Now there is little left other than the museum campus.
The room was large and had everything we needed.
Our room was very near the elevator, and very quiet.
Desk clerk was quiet, and seemed to be in a hurry to do something else.
I guess our honors membership got us free wifi, but night clerk didn't communicate with day staff, and it seemed very difficult to remove this from our bill.
Bottom line: its nice, but not excellent.

Room Tip: Not facing the Hilton, and use spot hero for parking
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allen006

Hello, allen006,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations but will certainly use your feedback as learning tool for the team. We are always trying to upgrade our service and product so I appreciate the feebback.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

First, I stayed at his hotel for a wedding. The rooms are beautiful, the hotel is beautiful, the gentlemen that brought up our bags were wonderful. The *only* reason I give such a low rating is because when they messed up my reservation, there was no attempt to "make it right".

We attended a wedding, and booked 2 rooms. One room for 2 nights, and one room for the second night only. We were traveling with our 2 young children, one of whom was in the wedding. So we booked a second room on the second night so that we could have my sister in law and her husband/young daughter stay the night and look after our kids while we attended reception. We booked the room adjoining our room. I verified this twice. Once on the telephone when I made the reservation, stressing how important it was that the room be adjoining. The reason is because our son goes to sleep at 7 pm,, and having the adjoining room was convenient for our in-laws so they didn't have to spend the evening in the dark/in silence and could easily hear/check on our son from the comfort of their own room right next door. The bride also confirmed this with the banquet manager prior to the wedding.

The day of the wedding, I checked into the second room only to learn that it was already occupied despite the fact that I had booked the adjoining room. They gave me a room down the hall. We spoke about it for several minutes, and there was nothing that could be done. I spoke to Ellie (banquet manager who confirmed my reservation for adjoining rooms) later in the evening, who said that whoever did the reservation noted "adjoining or nearby" which is absolutely NOT what I asked for. However, Ellie made no attempt or effort to compensate for this huge inconvenience, she only apologized and said it will be noted for future training.
As it was during the wedding reception that she approached me, I did not feel it was an appropriate time to argue. I also felt that if the hotel was going to do anything about the inconvenience, it would have been stated right then and there without my having to ask.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melvin705

Hello, Melvin,
I am so sorry that your room reservations were not handled appropriately. I certainly have followed up with the team in order to try to find where the break down was and insure that similar situations do not occur.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide this information.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Easy access, great staff and attention to detail. The check in was easy, quick elevator service to my floor. The room was spacious, clean with plenty of room to work or lounge. Nice bathroom, soft towels and comfortable bed. Room service was easy and quick and the food very good. I cant say enough good things ! Consider it for your next stay in Chicago.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
8  Thank John M

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to write a review on The Blackstone! We so appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you had such a fantastic stay. We hope that you will visit us again soon.
Best regards,