“Always a good selection”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #38 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stay here whenever I am attending functions at the McCormick center. The walk is not bad and you can not beat this hotel for service or their location. I like the fact that they moved the concierge lounge downstairs. The upstairs location had limited space. You can not go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend any amount of time in your room ask for a room that faces the park and lak...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank peterarchive
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much, peterarchive, for taking the time to write a review on The Blackstone! I am so pleased to read about the great service that you receive and really appreciate you letting us know. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards,
kim C

Write a ReviewReviews (2,061)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I have stayed at several hotels in the city and have never heard of the Blackstone so I wasn't expecting much. Both the lobby and the room were beautifully decorated. The room was so nice to stay in. The bed was large and the wallpaper in the bathroom was so elegant. I also enjoyed reading about the history of the hotel in respect to Al Capone and the several presidents who have stayed there.

Service was also great at check in and check out. I never had to wait in line and they were ready to help. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank erica_gen1

Thank you so much for choosing the Blackstone! I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that you will come and visit with us again soon!
Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here while in the city for a conference. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location was good, right across from Grant Park, near the Art Institute, and a walk or short Uber Ride to anything you might want to see in the city.

The fitness center was small, but nice. It had 4 treadmills and 4 elliptical machines. The hotel is across the street from Grant Park, which is great for a nice run or walk depending on the weather.

The lobby is well done, classy. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Majorfrank11

Hello, MajorFrank,
Thank you so much for your kind review of The Blackstone. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of the better Marriott Autograph collection hotels I've been to. The lobby is very nicety decorated. The location is right across the street from Grant Park and the Bean and museums are a manageable walk or short Uber ride away.

The quality of the rooms and amenities are quite nice also.

As a Marriott Platinum member, we received $15 for 2 people for breakfast, which doesn't get you a ton of food at their restaurant, but the quality is good.

I'll definitely stay here again when in Chicago.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ee978

Thank you , ee978, for taking the time to write a review on The Blackstone!
We very much appreciate your comments and are so pleased that you enjoyed our location as well as our amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used priceline; Marriott refused to match their price. Why do they imply their website rates are the lowest available? I was connected to a person who took my information and said they'd get back with me, but never did.
No doorman on arrival and departure.
Once stunning lobby looks more like a used furniture store.
Southern exposure faces Hilton and I wish there were a curtain I could draw for sunlight with privacy. There are only shades.
Nice to be able to change the direction of water head in shower, but not enough water pressure to change the direction of the water.
Bathroom door was cut too long to fit on the track, so its like a door hanging in front of the opening with large gaps on each side.
Shower door inconveniently opens to cover the towel hook.
Excellent temperature control
This was a good location in its day when the loop was more vibrant. Now there is little left other than the museum campus.
The room was large and had everything we needed.
Our room was very near the elevator, and very quiet.
Desk clerk was quiet, and seemed to be in a hurry to do something else.
I guess our honors membership got us free wifi, but night clerk didn't communicate with day staff, and it seemed very difficult to remove this from our bill.
Bottom line: its nice, but not excellent.

Room Tip: Not facing the Hilton, and use spot hero for parking
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allen006

Hello, allen006,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations but will certainly use your feedback as learning tool for the team. We are always trying to upgrade our service and product so I appreciate the feebback.