“Christmas Party”

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #110 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We spent Saturday in the city and stayed at the Marriott on Michigan Avenue. It is a terrific holiday location for a stay in the city. Nordstrom's Mall just steps away. While my wife did her shopping at Nordstrom's, I went to the second floor sports bar and enjoyed an adult beverage. This is brilliant! I'm no longer frustrated by the length of time it takes her to shop; in fact, the longer the better.
On Sunday morning we enjoyed a magnificent brunch at the Signature Room on top of the John Hancock building. What a view! I have no idea what the brunch cost, as we were guests, but I'm thinking it was pretty pricey. Still - it seemed worth it I think.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view east have a nice view of Lake Michigan.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,804)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel while attending the 2017 PMI Global conference. First, the location of this hotel is excellent as it is right downtown just off the Magnificent Mile. There are lots of restaurants and shopping within steps of the hotel.

In the hotel itself I was happy with the check-in process, the cleanliness of the room and the restaurant and bar. The bartender even comped me a lunch when she found out I was a Platinum member.

My only criticism is that because of its good location the hotel was always crowded. I could not find a spot in the Gold and Platinum Lounge and ended up using the restaurant and bar. But I guess this to be expected with a conference or two going on at the same time.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible and away from elevators
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. Loved the room. Was spacious and well stocked with amenities. Not the most luxurious, but definitely comfortable.
Centrally located and was very convenient as we relied on public transport.
The only downside was that since we got a room facing the road we never got any peace or quiet. We also had very noisy neighbors.
But overall a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I was only staying for 1 night and glad that was the case. Room was small tatty and had seen better days. The bar area was very busy and loud. Nowhere was there any peace and quiet except for my small tatty room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
j_kaz100982, Manager at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Bellum S,

Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I certainly hope you enjoyed your time in Chicago! I also with to thank you for your feedback. I am excited to share with you that our final stage of renovation began this past week!

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again!

Warm Regards,
Jake Kazmierski

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Stayed here for a work conference. Great location on Magnificent Mile - shopping and restaurants all around. Hotel rooms were updated but in the "shell" of an older building so I think the ac/heat system was not efficient as you would expect in a newer building, of course. Room was kept very clean during my stay. Employees were extremely nice. It is nice option if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business