“Excellent”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Argentina
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nice place, nice view, great location, very nice and comfortable hotel!

Room Tip: high rooms have better views!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here to celebrate our 4th anniversary. I booked this based on TripAdvisor reviews, and the rating is completely justified. When I asked them if they had an anniversary package over the phone, they said they didn't do anything like that, but at check in time, they upgraded us to a beautiful Deluxe View King Size room, facing the River, 2 levels above what we booked.
There was also a nice bottle of Merlot waiting for us in the room when we entered.
As for service, housekeeping and room service was always spot on with our requests and the concierge was very good with his recommendations for dinner and brunch, didn't try to push the restaurant on premises, to us.
The location is pretty much the best in Chicago downtown - stone's throw from the Magnificent Mile, facing the River and less than half a mile away from the best restaurants, nightlife and attractions in town. Even though I live in a suburb of Chicago and stayed here for the weekend, I think it was completely worth it, and more.
Not to mention, they extended our check out by a couple of hours.
Would recommend in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe River View if possible - best view of the Chicago riverside
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelZoomer
Myrtle Beach SC
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Huge rooms with a huge bathroom, great view and great helpful staff.

Room Tip: Nice view of the river but you have to ask for it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Was visiting Chicago on business and was lucky enough to find a room at this amazing hotel. I had a great view overlooking the river and the city. The entire staff from the front desk to the restaurant crew was cheerful and helpful. The room was really large, and the bathroom was large as well. I believe this was a standard room, so I am sure it only gets better from here!

Room Tip: Hotel has plenty of umbrella's for when it rains!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Slowco
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I took my boyfriend to Chicago for 4 nights to see a concert and Bulls game as a birthday present. Let me start by saying that my boyfriend is a huge Batman (especially the new Christian Bale movies) fan and I knew the Dark Knight was filmed in Chicago. So I researched filming locations, and ended up learning that Bruce Wayne's penthouse in the movie is the penthouse of Hotel 71. After reading more about the hotel, it seemed to also be a great choice in terms of location and value. I originally booked a Deluxe River King View room but when we arrived, the concierge asked if we wanted to upgrade to a Premier River King View (where we would be on the high floors) for $80 more. I'm a sucker for a good view, so I agreed and we upgraded. I'm glad we did because there can't be a more perfect view of Chicago's downtown. The only thing I have to say is the room still was very small, which I thought was weird because we upgraded to one of the most expensive rooms besides the penthouse. But we were in Chicago to sight-see so we didn't plan on spending too much time in the room anyway.
Everyone at the hotel was very nice and accommodating. I asked concierge if it would be possible for us to go up to the penthouse floor because my boyfriend was such a fan of the movie. He set something up for us later in the day when hotel security was available to escort us upstairs for a brief tour. Out of everything I planned for the few days, I think that was my boyfriend's favorite part of the trip and I am very thankful to the hotel staff for making that happen for us.
Overall, the hotel is in a great location, has great views of Chicago, and a very friendly, accommodating staff at a reasonable price. When we return to Chicago, we plan at staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple