“Wonderful 70th”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #79 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This trip was to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday and it was the best birthday ever! We were going to be staying in Chicago for a week and planning the trip started out pretty rough. I called the SPG reservation line and after a few conversations I almost decided to go back to Marriott. I'm a Platinum member with Marriott, and have been for a few years, and I usually have no problems but trying an SPG hotel for the first time proved to be more of a headache. THEN, I decided to call the hotel directly and everything changed. Let me say, the next time we go to Chicago, we will certainly be staying at the Sheraton Grand Chicago!!
Mr. Wahied Helmy, one of the desk managers was FANTASTIC! UTTERLY FANTASTIC, professional, attentive and made sure that my mom had the best trip ever. Even had Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries complimentary sent to our room for my mom's birthday! Classy!
I had some difficulty trying to book a particular room for myself, my mom and sister but Wahied made sure we got the room we wanted and them some.
The Ogden Suite is fantastic with beautiful river views! The room was more than what we could image. Viewing the pictures online, the hotel reminded me of homes furnished in the 70's style but when we arrived the rooms and decor were very nice.
One of our side rooms had an unusually awful smell but as soon as I informed conceirge they took care of it right away.
The Lounge was great, continental breakfast wasn't what we were used to in past travels but it was all very good. Everyone who worked in the lounge was WONDERFUL....especially CONNIE. I hope that she'll always be there when we book.
Pleasant disposition, very friendly and the perfect compliment to the lounge.

This was certainly a wonderful trip and, thanks to the ENTIRE STAFF at the Sheraton Grand Chicago, one that we can't wait to take again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a River View, about the 16th floor are GREAT
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kymmie1
Write a ReviewReviews (5,162)

Reviewed 10 November 2017

STAN at the bell desk is AMAZING! We were in town last week for a conference and I had to leave items for members of our staff to be delivered to their room and he was absolutely wonderful and helpful! Didn't have to worry about a thing or check up on deliveries, everything was handled perfectly. Also - he was just genuinely a pleasure to speak with that day, smiley and happy! A gentleman!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed here for one night only. The lobby area is nice and the check in was quick and friendly although busy. The room had an acceptable size for a family of four, but looked like it had no upgrade since the 1980s. Bathroom is ok, although I never feel comfortable with the american standard showers. The hotel is very big with large meeting capacity and was very crowded at our stay.The location of the hotel is fantastic, walking distance to Mag Mile and the Loop, but also to the Navy pier.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Alexandra G, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hello Max H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a quick and friendly check-in experience! Thank you for your feedback regarding the guest rooms. If you travels bring you back to Chicago, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Best,

Alexandra G.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay at the Sheraton Grand Chicago for my birthday.
The hotel is in a great location but the Concierge Marisa de Felice took it to another level.
Friendly, efficient and so easy to deal with. Answered all our questions.
Thank you Marisa. You certainly added greatly to our Chicago experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stayed here for our Realtor convention in November 2017 and it was very nice. Beautiful view of the river and the lake. Lots of nice restaurants in the area as well. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast/lunch restaurant in the hotel was very good. Our room was very nice, the bed was super comfortable as are all Sheraton beds :) My only complaint was the bathroom... needed some updating. It was fine but nothing fancy, could have mistaken it for a holiday inn bathroom. Overall great stay and if coming back to Chicago would certainly want to stay here :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business