The Talbott Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$187
US$256
US$229
  • Breakfast included
US$375
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$199
  • Breakfast included
US$595
US$447
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$184
US$164
Travelocity
3,219 results
All reviewsapple tvtalbot hotelthe gold coastone bedroom suiterush streetthe magnificent mileturn down servicesmall hotelmichigan avenueroom was largethe entire staffwonderful hoteltwo blocksthe location is perfectthe miracle milewater towerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights after reading the stellar reviews here where it is the #3 rated hotel in Chicago.

It was beyond my expectations, a wonderful classy old style hotel that is more technologically advanced than any new hotel.
Beautiful, large rooms with amazing beds/linens.

Every room has their own Mac Mini to use. I brought my ipad, but ended using the mini, a very nice feature. The WiFi is free with a very strong signal, no issues.
I was on the 16th floor and it was super quiet.

You have the use of the wonder Equinox fitness Center that is located under Bloomingdales a short walk from the hotel.
Every one was very friendly and helpful, I can't think of one negative thing to say.

Before you stay in a big chain hotel, research this place. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Try to stay on one of the top rooms to avoid street noise from cars, deliveries etc.. Room 1609 was great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank deinarson
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We came to Chicago for my wife's birthday weekend. Our stay at the Talbott was exemplary. Dwayne greeted us warmly and had great advice, while Ryan at the front desk took excellent care of us. The room was spacious, and what they say about the towels is true—huge. Each evening we would sit by the fire in the lobby and enjoy a well-made adult beverage. The location was convenient for all of our adventures, especially shopping on the Magnificent Mile, and eating at great restaurants. Terievis at the front desk helped us immensely on getaway day, bringing a very nice experience to a good close. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike28a
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Picked this hotel for a three-night visit based on readings of great reviews. The Talbott and its friendly staff exceeded our expectations. The bell staff (Dwayne) and other staff members were friendly and attentive - all showed a sincere interest in customer service -- quite an accomplishment. The building and its amply-sized rooms have a distinctive charm. Our room also boasted an Apple computer with remote access to a large screen HD TV. Talbott's location is superior - just two blocks to the Miracle Mile and to the Red line. Nearby stores, restaurants and bars are a big plus. The Talbott provides much more charm and service than typical hotel chains. Thanks for a great weeked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maineville
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Excellent location in a fabulous city. Room sizes were generous with a good supply of towels and toiletries and a turn down service every night. The staff are what really make this hotel though, the doormen are friendly and the staff at reception are polite and helpful. Duane in particular was a standout, very funny and warm with good tips about the local area. We would love to return and when we do the talbot would be top of our list.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GandTJo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is reasonably-well located in the Near North Side close to the Gold Coast. The desk staff, the doormen, and the room staff were as pleasant and professional as one would hope for in this price range. I think my only quibble is, ironically, that I was upgraded to a Parlor King room (quite spacious), but it was over the loading dock and next to the housekeeping storage room (beware the -07 rooms!). The noise wasn't overwhelming, but as a light sleeper trying to get on CST from West Africa Time, it was noticable a few times over three days. I know, I know, it's a major city...

I would absolutely stay here again, though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo