“Good”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Lovely, inexpensive food in a calm atmosphere--just don't go when a big group is there. The combo fried basket is excellent, but better to share than eat on your own.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

I come here every time I visit Chicago. You can even take non-vegetarians here and they will love it!

Reviewed 17 July 2015

It was my second time here and I loved it all over again. I ordered the green enchiladas and had the key lime cheese cake for dessert. Both were amazing! My friend who is not vegan enjoyed her guacamole appetizer and couldn't believe the sour cream was vegan.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Second trip to Chicago and first visit to Karyn's...such a wonderful brunch! Fresh, tasty food...I had the Mediterranean scramble--so delicious! Her whole wheat pancakes were awesome, especially slathered with the maple syrup. We left quite full, but not with that "stuffed" feeling. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat, and next time I'll save room for dessert...I almost skipped the entree and went straight for dessert! Come to think of it...YOU should have dessert first...they look AMAZING..and life is too short to not have dessert!!

Reviewed 12 July 2015

My wife is a vegan so we go here a lot. I don't think there's a dish we haven't tried. Everyone is deliciously favoured, seasoned, creative... I have started to prefer this place to real meat. In particular I love the nachos and burgers... but, wait for it, you HAVE to try the deserts and cakes... they could be the best in Chicago.

Been to Karyn's Cooked? Share your experiences!