“Not only for vegans!”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 8 January 2016

I am not vegan, not even a vegetarian but I love this place. I usually stop by this place when I in the neighborhood between 2-5pm because other restaurants around are closed. Karyn's Cooked is like a deli for vegans combine with a restaurant with a very casual atmosphere. I enjoy food here, it is always delicious and not too pricey. However some of the items from the deli are very pricey.
When you visit this place there is a huge probability that you will see/meet Karyn, the owner. She looks amazing! I think her vegan diet keeps her still young because at her age (68) she made some stunning photos in bikinis. Her body on this pictures displayed in the store (and on the calendar which you can take with you for free) look like the body of 20 years old lady.
After success of her deli and restaurant she also opened on the back of the store a day spa with very interesting services and very soothing atmosphere. She even took us from the restaurant to the back for the tour of the spa. We saw every single room and met all her polite and smiling staff. It was very nice of her.
Another good thing about this place is a free parking lot for at least 10 cars next to the restaurant (what is very unusual in this neighborhood).
Trivia:
Did you know that among her restaurant regular clients are celebrities as Lady Gaga, Tasha Smith, John Cusack, Angela Bassette, Orlando Jones, Boy George, Stevie Wonder, DelroyLindo, Steve Harvey and Beyoncé?
Also did you know that Karyn once modeled for McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Chun King and Budweiser?

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We loved this restaurant many times during our few days in Chicago. Food was reasonably priced and delicious. We had brunch, and lunch the next day before we left town. Veggie burger was fantastic and scrambled tofu was amazing.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Lovely, inexpensive food in a calm atmosphere--just don't go when a big group is there. The combo fried basket is excellent, but better to share than eat on your own.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

I come here every time I visit Chicago. You can even take non-vegetarians here and they will love it!

Reviewed 17 July 2015

It was my second time here and I loved it all over again. I ordered the green enchiladas and had the key lime cheese cake for dessert. Both were amazing! My friend who is not vegan enjoyed her guacamole appetizer and couldn't believe the sour cream was vegan.

Been to Karyn's Cooked? Share your experiences!