Econo Lodge(Decatur)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$80
US$60
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$92
US$94
US$88
Sleep Inn(Decatur)
US$66
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff , room was very nice , clean , and comfortable. Much better than the motel I stayed at 2 weeks ago which cost more . I dont need a pool or a continental breakfast and will return my next time in Decatur.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Super friendly staff and great location for access to DMH. Room had some blood on the wall as well as in the mattress itself. My gold standard for whether a room is good or not is whether I feel comfortable taking my shoes off in the room. This was definitely a shoe wearing room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

You get what you pay for,but managers were over- accommodating and very nice. Very good channel selection on t.v. if that helps. Room was very clean but could use a little facelift. Would definitely use again if back in Decatur

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Nice room everything was clean and tidy had a fridge and microwave the shower was nice with good pressure. It's close to some good places to eat. Pretty quiet, it would be nicer if it had an exercise room. Everyone was nice, accommodating, & went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Josh R
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Pros:
During the day the staff is friendly.
It has places to eat and shop around it and considering Decatur is small this is a fairly nice area to be in.
Its inexpensive.

Cons:
I am not sure if the night staff is lazy or the communication is poor for them. The lady was nice enough at night but I needed to stay for 4 nights and she would do that night and stated I should speak to the people in the morning for the rest of the days. This seemed odd as there are a great number of rooms and the parking lot was barely full. The morning people had no problems setting me up for the other 3 days.
The room wasn't dirty but was in need of repair. The little device to switch the faucet from bath to shower was broken off and I needed a wrench to pull it up. The door to the bathroom looks like it had a top layer of ply wood on it which was peeling off. The towels were full of shredded holes. The bedding was full of holes. The walls to the room had holes in it as well.

Other minor inconveniences that didn't effect my score:
The Wifi was bad. Maybe their routers don't extend to where my room was but my phone barely picked it up. It was easier to just use my regular cell phone coverage.
The TV was older and receive poor coverage. I really didn't care because I barely watched it but if you're going to shack up somewhere for the weekend and just veg out this may be annoying to you.

This was a smoking room. I don't smoke but I also don't really care about the smell. If you're a smoker this may be a major advantage for you as most hotels/motels don't have these anymore.

All in all, on my next trip I may try another motel if they have similar prices but I'm generally a cheap so if this one has the best price I may go back.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Mike P, Manager at Decatur Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

I'm really sorry about any inconvenience during your stay. All of your concerns are very important to me and I have done everything I can to address each of your comments. The stopper for the shower in your room has been replaced along with the bathroom door, we have replaced all of our towels, we now have all new beds and linens, the walls have been touched up and repainted,we now have flat screen tvs, satellite, much improved internet service, along with our updated smoking and nonsmoking rooms. I have also given extra training to our clerks so that they can assist you with anything you need. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in Decatur we would love to hear about your next amazing stay. Have a Happy New Year!

Mike P