“Always Delicious”
Review of The Exchange - CLOSED

The Exchange
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I have eaten here a number of times and have always enjoyed the food. On Friday and Saturday they have a prime rib sandwich which is delicious. The burgers are always excellent as well. I try to stay on a low carb diet, but I can never resist their fries which are hand cut. YUM. The space is small and do not suggest large groups come here. The Exchange is around 20 miles from home, but always worth the drive. I recommend giving it a try!

3  Thank lizzzg

Reviewed 24 March 2016

If you find yourself in Delavan, IL, you need to stop in and see this restored main street establishment. Good Menu, Great beer, wine and drink selections.

3  Thank HappyBoy2019
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We stopped by The Exchange for our 2nd visit after the Fall Festival in Delavan. We had 3 overheated kids that needed ice water and air conditioning and didn't want to subject them to fair food when they were already feeling poorly. We'd been there about about a year ago for a celebration for a friend and enjoyed our hamburgers and fries. This time my husband ordered the classic cheeseburger (which came double decker), I ordered the sante fe chicken, and my kids got chicken tenders and grilled cheese. The chicken fingers were good. You could tell they were hand breaded. Although I thought they could use a bit of salt, the 2 kids devoured them. My oldest thought the bread on the grilled cheese was "weird." As I didn't taste it and he didn't mention it until he was done, I can't really speak to what was happening there. Perhaps it was sourdough and he wasn't used to it. And the fries with all of our meals were delicious - hand cut and wonderfully sea salted. I could perhaps survive on those fries alone. But then came the adult meals. My husband said is burger was "eh" and overcooked. He wasn't impressed at all and, in fact, compared to our visit last year was disappointed. My sante fe chicken came on a reasonable size bun, but the chicken itself was only 75% the size of the bun and only about 1/2" thick. There was more chicken in my kids $5 chicken tenders than in my $8 sandwich. The guacomole/pico topping was average at best. Neither my husband nor I were impressed with our entrees. We don't live in town, so we don't frequent this restaurant, but based on this visit it's obvious the chef has changed and not for the better. Very disappointed.

3  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Went for a drive with the top down today and headed to Delavan. It's nice to see a small town with a downtown that still has a lot of activity.
We tried The Exchange in Delavan. It has an attractive large well polished long wooden bar; comfortable bar height tables; great floors and cowhide rugs.
There is a decent selection of craft beers, hard liquor, tea and soft drinks. The menu was loaded with your typical bar sandwiches and we ordered the Famous hamburger (delicious!) and the Exchange burger! Also delicious. We also added cheese curds to our meal and they were so much better than typical bar fare. They were home made and were delicious. The fries were home made and delicious as well. For lighter eaters you might want to split an order ... It's quite large and the meat was so lean and tasty. Probably one of the best burgers I've had in a long time.
Every day it appears they have different specials. We will be back to try them out.

3  Thank guacamole15