“Good food and service”

Ranked #16 of 173 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café is a restaurant specializing in gourmet breakfast and lunch creations served from 6:30 am to 2:00 pm daily, in a warm, charming, country setting with fast, friendly and efficient service.
Reviewed 3 February 2017

The breakfast food is very good. I've heard the coffee is good as well. Nice location next to the Main Street in downtown downers grove. Prices have gone up in comparison to the area competition based on the amount of food you get, but as others have noted, they have classed the atmosphere up a little.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

During the week for breakfast around 10 wasn't busy. Coffee was good, breakfast omlette was a large serving. Everything was hot and fresh and I was glad we found this (tucked out-of-the-way) place. Server was awesome. Place is upscale so be prepared to pay for the ambience (also spelled ambiance). Very enjoyable I would go back here if I am in the area again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

My wife loves this place and over the years they have converted me too! The daily soups and specials are always tasty and offer great value. The other upside is that service is quick and very friendly. They happily make adjustments to any menu item and likely would make anything you want if it's in the kitchen.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Egg harbor really focuses on the staff and it shows. This place is always hopping and you need to be in before 9 on a weekend. Menu is good, have had occasional hit and miss on food but servers and managers always make it right. They serve Intelligista coffee and love to give you some to go. All the nice touches here...it's our spot.

Along with the rest of Downers Grove!

Reviewed 24 September 2016

My friend and I walked in about 10 minutes before they closed, and we were seated promptly and served without any rush. There are a wide variety of items, all freshly prepared. I really enjoyed the side salad that came with sandwiches. And the free iced tea to go was a pleasant surprise on a warm day. Since I was visiting from out of town, the next day my friend asked me where I'd like to go for lunch. I said, back to Egg Harbor!