“Always Something New to Try”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe

Egg Harbor Cafe
Ranked #10 of 172 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café is a restaurant specializing in gourmet breakfast and lunch creations served from 6:30 am to 2:00 pm daily, in a warm, charming, country setting with fast, friendly and efficient service.
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Stopped at Egg Harbor late on a Saturday morning. Hadn't been there in quite some time. We had to wait for a few minutes, but they were able to honor my request for a booth. Instead of ordering something that I had in the past, I ordered the winter in Italy French toast. It was delicious. The combination of the sauce, apples, and walnuts made it perfect to need no syrup.Because they are so good, I had a side of the harbor potatoes and brought half of my meal home. My husband had the combo special with the oatmeal pancakes. Service was great, always appreciate the offer of getting coffee to go if you have had coffee. When we were leaving, there were many people waiting for a table.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

So glad they put the Handler breakfast sandwhich on the menu!! This sandwhich is amazing!! Eggs, cheese, meat on a pretzel bun.....I like to add avocado! Great menu....healthy options and splurge items also. Service is always on point!

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The breakfast food is very good. I've heard the coffee is good as well. Nice location next to the Main Street in downtown downers grove. Prices have gone up in comparison to the area competition based on the amount of food you get, but as others have noted, they have classed the atmosphere up a little.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

During the week for breakfast around 10 wasn't busy. Coffee was good, breakfast omlette was a large serving. Everything was hot and fresh and I was glad we found this (tucked out-of-the-way) place. Server was awesome. Place is upscale so be prepared to pay for the ambience (also spelled ambiance). Very enjoyable I would go back here if I am in the area again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

My wife loves this place and over the years they have converted me too! The daily soups and specials are always tasty and offer great value. The other upside is that service is quick and very friendly. They happily make adjustments to any menu item and likely would make anything you want if it's in the kitchen.