“Nice breakfast spot”

Ranked #15 of 173 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café is a restaurant specializing in gourmet breakfast and lunch creations served from 6:30 am to 2:00 pm daily, in a warm, charming, country setting with fast, friendly and efficient service.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Typical American style breakfast. Open's early for jet-laggers. Kid friendly, polite staff. My grandpa loves to come here, wheelchair friendly. Large menu, good coffee.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Definitely not worth the price tag. All hype and little no substance. Too expensive for the little portions you get. I just don't get the hype.

BreakfastCafe, General Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Mom2boys, we are disappointed to hear we did not meet your expectations while visiting our location. While we are glad to hear there is a "hype" surrounding our company, we wish we could live up to it for everyone who steps in the door. We feel we have a portion size and a price-point for everyone. Our staff would be more than willing to guild you through the menu to find a meal which will leave you wanting for nothing. We hope you are willing to give Egg Harbor another opportunity to live up to the positive feedback you have heard about our company.

Best Regards,
Team Downers Grove

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

This is a 2nd time visiting .. 1st was for business , 2nd decided to take wife after church.. the 2nd time was just as good as the 1st . Consistent fresh food , great presentation with a good variety of breakfast dishes.. only wish they had a location close to the mall of Ga area!!
Great food .. we visit whenever I'm in the area

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Stopped at Egg Harbor late on a Saturday morning. Hadn't been there in quite some time. We had to wait for a few minutes, but they were able to honor my request for a booth. Instead of ordering something that I had in the past, I ordered the winter in Italy French toast. It was delicious. The combination of the sauce, apples, and walnuts made it perfect to need no syrup.Because they are so good, I had a side of the harbor potatoes and brought half of my meal home. My husband had the combo special with the oatmeal pancakes. Service was great, always appreciate the offer of getting coffee to go if you have had coffee. When we were leaving, there were many people waiting for a table.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

So glad they put the Handler breakfast sandwhich on the menu!! This sandwhich is amazing!! Eggs, cheese, meat on a pretzel bun.....I like to add avocado! Great menu....healthy options and splurge items also. Service is always on point!