“Back to Its Original Form, Fresh, Well-Prepared Food”
Review of Francesca's Amici

Francesca's Amici
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's Amici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2 blocks south of North Avenue
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I lived in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood when the first Francesca's opened there in the 80s, and that restaurant helped launch a culinary renaissance in Chi-town. It wasn't long before it was the "in" spot with hours-long waits to see and be seen. The food was always basic but super fresh and authentic. When this outlet opened in the burbs, it matched the quality but then it fell away for a while. I returned for dinner recently and it seems to have regained its form. I happened to walk in on National Ravioli Day and they featured three kinds for only $6 per plate. The first plate was very good so I got a second to go. The Chicken Fiorentina was great, extremely moist, tender and juicy. The spinach side was fresh and perfectly wilted and seasoned. The caprese salad was excellent; wish I knew where they got ripe fresh tomatoes in the dead of winter. The service was attentive and well paced. For the salad, two raviolis and a chicken dish I paid $39 + tax and tip. Once again this restaurant is on my must list when in the burbs.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Great little restaurant in downtown Elmhurst. Great bartender.We stopped in for appetizers. Decided on the meatballs. Great choice. Very flavorful. We will be coming back to try other options.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day. We've been coming here for a while and normally love it. However, I don't know who made the decision to turn the banquet room into a sardine can (manager, owner etc.), but the place was packed. If I can high five the people at the table next to me without either of us getting up out of our seat, the tables are too close. Normally love this place, but that was a cheap move. Made our date anything but romantic. It was loud and claustrophobic. Food/service was fine as usual, but I am very disappointed in whoever made the decision to cram everyone so close together for such an uncomfortable evening

1  Thank JoeEatsFood
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Shrimp,scallops and calamari pasta. It was a combination of flavors which were absolutely delicious. There table bread was right out of the oven. The service was also very good.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Great food. Great menu. Great services. Great local establishment. Be going there for over 16 years and have never been disappointed. Great room for private parties. We have had wedding, baby showers and family celebrations there. Outstanding place. One of our favourites.