“Little Wok; big tastes; cheap eats”
Review of Little Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Wok
Ranked #78 of 298 Restaurants in Evanston
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

True be told, this little gem of a strip mall Asian restaurant is just a mile from my condo, but so tasty, customer friendly, and quick , that I proudly would take my San Francisco family here for lunch or dinner. On our most recent trip we delighted with fried Shu Mai and Gyoza appetizers. We went Chinese this trip, sharing a subtle, slightly sweet Basil Beef and tasty, terrific Baked Rice, Chicken Teriyaki. Both were wonderful, plentiful and motivation enough to share with you! Their Japanese menu is equally to be recommended: Yakisoba noodles and the sushi are sure to please. Additionally, we were impressed with the simple, clean, blonde wood and white wall design. It is a quiet respite from the bustle of the busy suburban mall where they are found. Their attentive, knowledgeable, and polite adult servers are also impressive. There is a full bar too. Little Wok one is a winner. All that great food for under $ 35 (yes, lots of leftover!)

Reviewed 20 August 2017

A small, efficient lunchtime restaurant with many tables, good service, and good prices. Great place for a mid week lunch...I know this because the tables were filled with happy eaters. Fresh food, a pleasant staff, and back to work on time. They have portions for lunch and dinner. The vegetables were crisp and done well. That was a pleasant surprise. Note, I did not see any children there at lunchtime. This is a place I will visit again. Just over the bridge at main street. See you there.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

My favorite 'Chinese' restaurant closed recently after many, many years in business and I've been looking for a replace ever since. My daughter suggested I try Little Wok saying that the food was 'amazing'. I took her suggestion and I'm so glad I did. My sister-in-law and I went for lunch on a Saturday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and bright the restaurant was. It is on the small side, with only about 4 booths and maybe 5 tables, but we were able to be seated right away. From what I understand, the majority of their business is take out and/or delivery. I will say that I was also surprised at the size of the menu considering the size of the restaurant. It appeared that they had a full bar, and also offered a variety of smoothies.
Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable, patiently answering my many questions about the different dishes. We ended up ordering an appetizer of barbeque pork and then our main meal from the lunch special menu, which include chicken fried rice and an egg roll. I had the Shrimp Kow and my sister in law had the Mongolian Beef. Both were excellent! The only item I was disappointed in was the egg roll. These were more of what I would characterize as spring rolls? Very small and thin, though pretty tasty. I was hoping for the traditional egg roll, big and thick and filled with cabbage, shrimp, pork, etc. I guess I'll have to keep looking for those, but in the meantime, I will definitely be visiting Little Wok in the future, both as a walk in restaurant and for carry out meals.

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

I was looking for a change in the usual Chicago area lunch fare. The restaurant was very nicely decorated inside. I can see coming there for a romantic dinner as well as a quick lunch stop. The waitstaff was friendly and seated me immediately. I was the only one in there which usually is a bad sign but it was before the normal lunch times. I ordered a lunch special of a roll and 5 pieces of sashimi. The special came with a bowl of miso soup that was some of the best I've ever had. I had the spicy tuna roll and it was delicious. The ingredients were fresh and prepared very nicely. For sashimi I had chefs choice and each piece was delicious. I only wish I hadn't waited till my last day to eat there. I will for sure eat there next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I've ordered take out numerous times, I've ordered from the lunch and dinner menu. Fast service, very clean