“Yes it was great!”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Confirmed closed. Sad and surprising loss for Evanston! This was nice comfort food in a good location. Hopefully we'll get another good eats establishment in that storefront.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

Dixie Kitchen in Evanston WAS really good. But as of late October, 2015, it is now really CLOSED! I'm not a happy camper ....

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Enjoyed the food. Very nice place for Soul Food Lovers. Very interesting atmosphere. The service was somewhat slow on the day that we were there.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

We were disappointed. We read great reviews about this place and decided to give it a try. We were in the mood for southern food and were super disappointed with the meal. The service was fine and then place is adorable- great ambiance and they were very nice and accommodating with our baby- brought him a kids toy to play with and everything but when the food came it was disappointing. My husband's chicken was underdone and the several of the sides were mushy and unappealing. We really WANTED to like it and would have come back again and again if it had been great food, but it just wasn't what we hoped for.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I know this place is known for good breakfast dishes, but I tried it out for lunch.
Service was quick but with a weird attitude. The food was OK, but just OK. Decor was interesting, but I didn't go there for decor. My lunch partner who suggested this place wasn't impressed with his food either on the day we went and a woman at the next table sent her food back and ordered something else. Maybe the regular kitchen staff was having an off day but with so may other options in Evanston for lunch, I won't return.