“Great for sushi lovers and all who enjoy fresh asian food”
Review of Dozika

Dozika
Ranked #70 of 301 Restaurants in Evanston
Price range: US$10 - US$118
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Good sushi but no great specialty rolls. Wh (no rainbow rolls :-(
Check their happy hour 3:30-5:30 (please confirm if your visit is on one of these days; if I recall correctly, there is no happy hour offered on weekends

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The Sweet potato rolls were delicious. there were Vegan options which was great for our group. We ordered several dishes and they were all good.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I go here once a month. VERY good sushi and friendly service. It ends a little early at 5:30 so I just work my schedule around it. Nice Maki rolls and good individual pieces. 2 can eat well for $25.00. Would recommend to everyone...fish has always been FRESH!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I had a mediocre meal at Dozika the other night. I was missing Thai Sookdee and missing delicious Thai food. So, I tried Dozika. Unfortunately, the food had little flavor. I am still on the search for good Thai food on the North Shore.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I was in the mood for a little Thai food while on a trip to Evanston for a medical conference. Dozika was within walking distance from my hotel, and the reviews looked good, so figured I'd give it a try.

The restaurant itself is very cozy with comfortable tables. Service was relatively quick. I ordered tom yum soup and pad thai, which I wanted extra spicy. The soup had a really nice flavor, with lots of chicken and mushrooms. Not the best I've had, but pretty good. However, about three minutes after the soup hit the table, my entree made its appearance. Not the greatest timing there, especially since the soup was HOT, and took some time to really enjoy.

Sad to say, but the pad thai was a disappointment. It might have been that it sat for a few minutes, but it was very sticky. The chicken was good, but lacked any spice. I'm a guy that likes his food spicy, and this fell way short. Didn't even break a sweat.

The meal didn't break the bank, and portions were good for the price. I would have liked it better had there been smaller portions, appropriately timed and spiced to order. If I make it back here, I'll try another option.