“It's always friendly and reliable ”

Green Street Tavern
Ranked #23 of 66 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Often come to restaurant with the family because it offers a variety of food and we can find something healthy on the menu. It offers soup, salads and sandwiches for lunch. It has kids menu. Staff is friendly.

1  Thank Melissa H

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We had just arrived in Galena after three hours on the road and were famished. Green Street was the first place we stumbled upon and we are so glad we did. We both had the Cuban, I had chips with mine and my boyfriend had coleslaw. The sandwich was so delicious and service was great.
Walk through the Desoto when you are finished, so much to see.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Once we were denied service at Otto's Place (overrated) we decided to give Green Street Tavern a try and boy was it delicious. I ordered a skillet and it was huge! The service was fantastic and the ambiance was laid back and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Service was quick but food was just average. We had Reuben and Club sandwiches. Homemade chips were ok, but not salted.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We planned to have lunch somewhere else in Galena, but were caught by a heavy thunderstorm right outside the DeSoto House Hotel. We ducked into the hotel's Green Street Tavern and were pleasantly surprised. I ordered the special of the day - "Thank Cod its Friday" - all the fish and chips you could eat. In the words of an Englishman, it was pretty good and with a pint of local IPA ale, what more could I ask?

1  Thank mmbcross

Been to Green Street Tavern? Share your experiences!