3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$61
PricelineUS$61
WyndhamUS$61
Hotels.comUS$61
FindHotelUS$61
TraveluroUS$66
1,254 results
All reviews no elevator king suite continental breakfast first floor pool and hot tub pool area would stay here again very nice hotel staff was very friendly and helpful great place to stay close to downtown cookies pond weekend fireplace sink walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2021

What an awesome place to stay! Our plans at a VRBO were cancelled one week before our trip, so imagine how bummed! Took a chance at finding this location online and what an excellent find it was. The perfect spot to start and end your day. The patio and grounds are beautifully landscaped. Situated 10 minutes west of downtown Galena, and about 20 minutes from Dubuque, day trips were super easy! Take a dip in the pool or soak in the hot tub, when the day spa is open, get a massage which adds to the ability to relax and help you feel like you are on vacation. Met the owner of the establishment, Betsy who couldn't have been nicer. Also met other guests who spoke highly of the Ramada as one of their hotels to return to again! Thanks so much, we will be back!

Room tip: West wing seems to be away from the areas that could be noisy.
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and want to congratulate the staff and management at Ramada by Wyndham Galena in Galena IL. We stayed one night on July 12, 2021. Can't wait to come back again. Service and amenities were exceptional. Breakfast was delicious; our room was comfortable. The pool and deck were scenic and extraordinary. The young man on duty at the desk couldn't have been more welcoming and assisted in storing our bicycles prior to our Galena River Trail ride. Every interaction with staff was so pleasant, with check-in and departure so smooth and professional. Pool area was clean and water quality excellent. Pool area has a pool table (!) and a nice over-sized chess set. One of the largest hotel pools we've seen. We could easily swim laps. This facility is at the top of our list! I'm not sure about some of the negative reviews of this hotel here on Tripadvisor. We asked ourselves, were these folks staying at this hotel? Maybe they got confused with some other facility. No hint of anything other than a superior hotel; A+ setting, staff and amenities!

Reviewed 18 July 2021

We had a great stay at the Ramada on our trip to Galena for a friend's son's graduation party. Frankie, at the front desk, and Zack, behind the bar, really helped make our stay awesome. Speaking of the bar, it was beautiful and felt more "downtown Chicago" than Galena! Everyone was nice and the room/bed was clean and comfortable!

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

My husband and I just recently visited Galena for the first time from Monday, July 5 to Wednesday, July 7, 2021. I booked the reservations without reading any reviews the week prior. The day we were leaving I noticed two poorly rated reviews and was worrisome about our stay. However, I’m glad I didn’t listen to the reviews as my husband and I thought the hotel was quite lovely. It was clean, comfortable mattress and amazing pillows. The breakfast was ok but then again, we are not huge breakfast eaters so eggs, bacon, pancakes, cereal etc was good enough. It was only a two story hotel so no need for an elevator like others complained about. The only issue was at 8 am the trays for breakfast needed to be refilled. It seems the hotel is short staffed. I loved the proximity to downtown. We enjoyed our stay very much and would return to the Wyndham on our next trip planned for fall

Room tip: Room has a fridge. Nice deck to relax on. Not far from shops downtown. Breakfast was ok. Next to a mini golf and Culver’s
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2021 via mobile

Good gracious, where do I start? This place was terrible. The breakfast was the equivalent of a horrid school lunch, the toilet was stained and weak, the bed was entirely uncomfortable, the rooms were subpar and poorly equipped (no tables near the bed, dirty, no freezer), no laundry room, no elevator, and the workout room was the size of a coffin home.

All in all, the poor quality of this inn had a spoiling effect on my travel. Luckily, I made the best of it but I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone else. Whatever you do, don’t stay here. Please.

Date of stay: June 2021