“Elegant and lovely home with very friendly hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Abbey's High Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Abbey's High Street Bed & Breakfast is a beautiful, elegant and clean home. The house is beautifully decorated with lots of antique furnishings. We stayed in the Garden View Room for a weekend. I highly recommend staying in this room. Not only is it beautiful, it is also very bright with 3 windows and lots of sunlight. I was particularly impressed when I learned that the flowers on the wall of the room were hand-painted by the owner. I thought there was wallpaper. Although the bathroom is small, there are sufficient shelvings for putting bathroom items. There is a large garden with a nice gazebo inside which is a swing. It was very relaxing to spent the morning there. Words cannot describe how beautiful the place is. The hosts, Tom and Kathleen, have put their heart and soul in decorating and remodeling this historic house. It is a piece of fine art. They were a wonderful couple who were very friendly and tried to make sure that their guests had a pleasant stay. Having breakfast there was very enjoyable. The breakfast room was nicely decorated with plenty of sunlight. It was really a good way to start the day. The only shortcoming I thought was that the two grandfather clocks in the sitting rooms sounded a bit too frequent although not disturbing because the rooms are upstairs. Nevertheless, it will be difficult to have a bad experience staying there.

Room Tip: Pick the two rooms facing the street for best sunlight.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Popular-traveller

Reviewed 25 October 2015

My husband and I visited Galena for the very first time for a weekend get away and stayed at Abby's High Street B&B. Abby's B&B is spectacular! This home is nicely decorated, beautiful inside and out and very clean. The garden is amazing! My husband and I stayed in the Elizabeth room and we were surprised on how comfortable the bed is and the pillows were just perfect! We've never slept so soundly like we did in our room here!

Tom's house is nicely situated on top of main street and have a nice view of the city. It is a short walk to main street and lots of free parking next to the house.

The owner, Tom is very friendly and so are his pooches! :D Make sure you stay for the breakfast. Tom cooks a mean breakfast! We had homemade cinnamon rolls and they were absolutely delicious!

My husband and I will definitely be back at Abby's B&B and we definitely recommend Abby's High Street B&B to anyone who is looking for a very comfortable and beautiful place to stay in Galena. 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank BernadetteP1010
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Our first time staying here and it exceeded our expectations. My daughter got married in the gardens and it was beautiful! We loved everything about Abby's High Street. Tom and Kathleen were terrific and the breakfast was filling and tasty. I would highly recommend Abby's.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Took my wife here for a weekend get away. We had a great time. The owner and host Tom runs a grade A establishment. He is very friendly and the house and grounds were fantastic. Morning breakfast's were very good.
The B&B is in a great location. We parked our car on the street and left it there for the weekend. The downtown area shops, restaurants and parks are in a short walking distance.
Definitely plan on going back

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I spend a few weekends in Galena every year and Abbeys is w/o a doubt my favorite place to stay. A beautiful walk away from downtown and always a pleasure to see the friendly hosts.Very clean and comfortable with a lot of history.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple