“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Abbey's High Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2016

The house was a very nice place to stay. It has been restored to to the correct period. We had a really nice visit with Tom, the owner. He told us a lot about the history of the house and how he rebuilt it so he could turn it into a Bed and Breakfast Inn. The breakfast was really delicious!.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan M

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

My fiancee and I went to Galena and stayed here to elope. It was an awesome experience. The innkeepers are great. The rooms were great, very clean and definately brings one back to historical times. The breakfast was great Everytime. The cinnamon rolls are to die for. We got married there this past weekend and were able to use the beautifully landscaped gardens as our back drop. It was beyond words. My husband and I would stay there again without hesitation. If you are looking for a quiet, beautiful getaway go visit as you will not regret it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larisa C
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at this B&B 5 times for a reason-- everything here is fabulous. I've been in 4 of the rooms and they were all lovely. The breakfasts have always been delicious. The grounds are perfect, and we've had several fires in the fire pit on cooler evenings, which owner Tom had all set up for us. He and his wife couldn't be any nicer. Once we had to cancel a weekend trip after one night due to a sudden death in our family. Tom and Kathleen let us make up for our remaining days at a later weekend for no charge. Galena itself is a great town, whether you want to "party", shop, see beautiful scenery or just relax. A previous reviewer was negative about the Coachhouse Room. Yes, there are 2 steps down to the bathroom but that may only be a problem for older visitors. And that bathroom's decor may not be as nice as the other rooms but the Coachhouse was very roomy and even had a little kitchenette and bar area. Our group had booked 3 of the rooms and it was a great place for us all to hangout for our winter trip. Beautiful decor in the home and soft mood music just completes the perfect atmosphere of this B&B. Highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Katie W
Reviewed 15 May 2016

My husband made a reservation for our 45th anniversary weekend at Abbey's based on the wonderful reviews. In the interest of getting to the point, we found the first night very unsatisfactory. The bed groaned every time one of us moved. It was a cold night and every time the heat came on it roared and blew directly in my face as I lay in the bed. The towels were old, unmatched and scratchy. The bathroom was down two stairs from the bedroom, was from the 60's era which was unattractive but functional but there were no amenities and no Kleenex. The breakfast was not as good as you would get at Country Inn or another much less costly motel. they served fruit cocktail over a very thin slice of cantaloupe and some store bought refrigerated cinnamon roll dough which wasn't even cooked through. Even the coffee was weak and there was no cream, only low fat milk. As a result of our bad night and the fact that we know what kind of service we would normally expect at a good b&b we did not want to spend another night. When I expressed this to Tom, he said that he would not refund our prepayment and never offered any compensation. He said that we kept him from renting the room though he clearly had other room vacancies.
I will say that when we arrived Tom was very friendly and the house was indeed very nicely restored. My husband sometimes has sleep issues which he expressed to Tom at the time of reserving. Tom recommended the carriage house because it has an additional day bed on a small enclosed porch. When the main bed made noise every time either of us moved, he went to try to sleep on this day bed. He discovered it was a 4 or 5 inch thick mattress resting on a piece of 1/2 inch plywood that he could feel whenever he turned over. A truly disappointing experience, and we were relieved to check out the first morning after breakfast even though we lost our money.

Room Tip: Do not take the carriage house