“Great food great people!!!”

Big Bill's Sandwich Shop & Coffee Bar
Ranked #21 of 68 Restaurants in Galena
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Initial impression, the space is very warm and cozy even though it is a large space. The staff was incrediably friendly, and the sandwiches were simple but yummy. The roast beef pesto because it was the 11th best sandwich in the state. It was good, but I would say the real Belle of the ball was the brie and chicken sandwich with basalmic reduction. It was dynamic, and hit all 4 areas of the tounge. I want to go back tomorrow!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Our first visit and we both enjoyed
We ordered the warm Rueben and the Brie Chicken sandwiches. Both were delicious and tasted so fresh. The sandwiches were around $12 each and very large. The bread was so soft and fresh
We will visit again. Galena visitors must try. Just a few doors away from Fritz and Frites.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were hungry and looking for a lunch spot on Main St. Every restaurant had long waits, so we just kept walking. When we got to the end of the line there was Big Bill's. We didn't have high expectations because it was the only lunch type restaurant that didn't have a wait, so we were beyond thrilled that it was such a delicious meal. I had the cranberry chicken salad on a bed of greens and it was fabulous. Everyone in our party of four tasted it and agreed. Another person had the Mushroom Brie soup, also fabulous. Based on the food alone I would give it 10 stars if I could, but I gave it four stars only because there was only one waitress serving everyone. She got the job done but she was zipping by our table at high speed throughout the meal. Next time I'm in Galena I will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Four gals on a road trip for a few days. Two shared cranberry chicken salad. The toasted walnuts were worth it. I had the Brie sandwich, and the flavors were wonderfully balanced. The balsamic was delicious on there. And one had the top 11 sandwich in Illinois and said it was also fantastic. The peppers were tangy and paired well with the beef. The cheese was perfectly melted. All around and fabulous experience, and our waiter was absolutely on top of it. Oh! They also have delightful organic single sourced iced tea. It was very crisp and delicious. They even talked us into dessert. Most places have soggy bottomed pastries, and their pastries were not soggy bottomed. Perfection in a nice sandwich shop. A definite must on your shopping day in downtown Galena!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank emsydoodlemarie
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We just wanted a quick lunch, they had a nice selection of sandwiches with different bread choices. I had the chicken salad sandwich and it was very good. The staff was friendly and we had our food very fast. Cute place.

Date of visit: August 2017