Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$199
Hotels.comUS$199
TripadvisorUS$199
Official Hotel
PricelineUS$199
eDreamsUS$199
1,018 results
All reviews biscuits and gravy hot tub pool area great place to stay stay there again yogurt no elevator free breakfast downtown galena hot breakfast short drive fireplace weekend pets microwave walmart accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2021

Our room was on the 2nd floor. Extremely quiet. Beds were very comfortable. An assortment of different pillows on each bed was a nice extra. Used the indoor pool and hot tub which were not crowded and very clean. The included breakfast was standard (pancakes, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, etc). The seating area was small for the number of people however you can take your breakfast into the bar, just across the hallway from the buffet, where there are additional tables. There are also a couple areas with outside tables where you can sit, play games, chat with friends, etc. Surprised to see a $25 additional charge on my credit card statement when I got home (granted it was pending) with no mention from the front desk when I checked in or out. I presume it is a fee charged to cover possible room damage or missing towels and will be removed upon final billing. Hotel location is excellent. Just a mile north of the historic district making it easy to get into town.

1  Thank robk922
Trevor Harris, General Manager at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Stoney Creek Inn! We appreciate the kind words. The $25 fee you are referring to is for incidentals and I want to thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will make sure to address our team regarding that matter. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your bill and I would be happy to help!

Reviewed 25 July 2021

We spent 2 nights in room 91 with our dog. It was perfect for us. It was clean and quiet. There was hot coffee ready in the lobby in the mornings. We found the location good too. We walked to the perimeter of old cemetery then down to the West Galena Sculpture park. We biked the mile into town and enjoyed the ride back up hill on Franklin. We took the dog to Thunder Bay Falls, sat outside Blaum Bro distillery, hiked at Horseshoe mound but our favorite outdoor with the dog was Casper Bluff park viewing the Mississippi. Grant park was nice too. Had a great weekend in Galena because we had nice quiet sleeping conditions. The mattress was too soft for us but that's the only downside to our stay at this hotel.

Room tip: Room 91 was at end of hallways but quiet. There's a larger whirlpool bath in the room.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trevor Harris, General Manager at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am glad that you were able to experience all that Galena has to offer all while enjoying your lodging while you were here. It is truly a special destination. We are extremely glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Galena!

Reviewed 24 July 2021

The hotel is just a mile from the Historic District of Galena with all the shops and restaurants for you to enjoy. We were greeted by a nicely landscaped building that almost looked out of place in a strip mall. A friendly front desk agent checked us in quickly and we found our way to our room, which was decorated in rustic log home style furniture and spotless. The twin beds were comfy along with a desk, chair, and large easy chair. The bathroom was very clean and left nothing to be desired. There's also a microwave and fridge located inside the armoire which resembled an antique shipping container, for lack of a better description. All the furniture was top quality and unique. The hotel offered a bar with a good selection of adult beverages with four high-top tables and an outdoor picnic area adjacent. The indoor pool area was beautiful with a high beamed ceiling, large pool, and hot tub big enough for a party. The spa was nestled in an area surrounded by large (fake) rocks to give one the sense of being outdoors. Morning breakfast was served in a nice room with six tables and was a selection of pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, juices, coffee, cereal, bagels, and fresh fruit. What's not to like about that? I've stayed in hundreds and hundreds of mid-range hotels and this one ranks right up there with the best in that category. Highly recommended!

1  Thank 778worldtraveler

Thank you so much for the kind review! We appreciate all feedback and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2021

Some of the reviews made me a little nervous. People were complaining about how old and musty smelling the rooms were and how much dust was allowed to accumulate on items in the room. I have to tell you, other than a little dust on the blinds, I did not have the same experience. Our room was clean and had no bad smell whatsoever. Check in was easy, other than they don't allow you to check in before the 3:00 check in time. We arrived about 2:15 and had to drive around until check in. Even though we were denied early check in, the front desk clerks were very pleasant and accommodating upon our return. We had requested a first floor room because we were traveling with my 88 year old grandma who doesn't do stairs very well anymore (THERE IS NO ELEVATOR) and the staff made sure to accommodate. There is no housekeeping service during your stay, but you can go to the desk and request any items that you need (bath tissue, towels, etc.). There is a free breakfast of Sausage Links, Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Pancakes, Cereal, Muffins and Fruit and they seemed to keep it pretty well stocked. Breakfast is served until 9:30 and we went down around 9:00 and there was still plenty to choose from. Overall we had a pleasant 4 day stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trevor Harris, General Manager at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take great pride in ensuring guest satisfaction, and we are very happy to hear that everything went well for you. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Galena!

Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

There must be two different Stoney creeks in the same area, unless they’ve had some major recent renovations from some of these other reviews.

The one we went to did have elevators, the pool area was inside/outside and had these rubber flaps separating the water so you could swim directly from one to the other. There was also a big hot tub with the bubbles switch on the inside too. There was a bathroom/shower in the pool area, but the water seemed to only be on super hot. We had come for a wedding, I think there was at least one or two others, plus a few big bus loads of groups for games or some kind of event, but because of that they were having trouble keeping up with towels for everybody.

They had a good hot continental breakfast as well. We had about four or five rooms for our group, I think all of ours were the bigger theme rooms. I thought they were very nice and clean, didn’t have any issues with them for our trip. There was also like some big lake or body of water right beside the hotel too.

Room tip: If you see a lot of big groups , try and make sure you catch housekeeping for towels before they run out!
Date of stay: June 2021