3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official HotelUS$114
Expedia.comUS$114
Hotels.comUS$160
PricelineUS$114
FindHotelUS$114
eDreamsUS$114
1,020 results
All reviews strip mall hot tub pool area great place to stay yogurt stay there again no elevator free breakfast downtown galena my husband and i first floor hot breakfast short drive fireplace weekend pets microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2021

Thought it would be fun to stay here because of the cute theme.

Room was clean.

Hot breakfast buffet was pretty good with several options.

Quiet location not far from Walmart and a couple of restaurants. Parking lot.

Enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Trevor Harris, General Manager at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the kind review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to share your response with our team. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Galena!

Reviewed 13 October 2021

Nice location, clean and spacious rooms, comfortable bed and very quiet. The breakfast was exceptional with both hot and cold choices. Highly recommend. Nice pool area also. Recommend booking direct rather than through Booking.com or similar website for best rates.

Date of stay: October 2021

Thank you for the kind response! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Galena! Have a great week!

Reviewed 6 October 2021

We only have good remarks for Stoney Creek Inn. Very clean room with comfortable beds, clean shower and bathroom, excellent breakfast. can't complain. Second time here and we've always loved the wooded decor! A nice touch was the fresh coffee and ice water in the lobby. Love this place!

Date of stay: October 2021

Thank you for the kind review! We take all feedback very seriously and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a wonderful team in place and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Galena!

Reviewed 4 October 2021

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We felt it was overpriced for the stay and the rooms are okay. The only reason we stay here is because we can bring our dog. The cost to bring your dog is only $25 a day which is really nice. So this is really the only option to stay and bring your dog and be close to Main Street. The rooms do not seem that clean and this last time there was mold on the inner shower curtain and there was a dried up contact lense on one of our towels. The breakfast and coffee are not too good and you should just got out for breakfast there are a lot of nice places for breakfast in Galena anyway. With the money we spent we could of got a lot nicer of a hotel room and somewhere we preferred but with this being one of the few dog friendly hotels our hands were tied.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TChamberlin90

Thank you for sharing your experience at Stoney Creek Inn - Galena. We take all feedback very seriously and I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I want to sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. I will be sharing your response with our team to further improve moving forward. If you would like to discuss your stay at greater length, please feel free to reach out to me at trevor.harris@stoneycreekhotels.com. I would love to make this right with you! We hope to welcome you back and better serve you in the future!

Reviewed 28 September 2021 via mobile

Where do I start!
Rooms are poorly lit, only 1 real plug in in room. My husband and I both require C pap at night, he also has hearing aids that require plugging in overnight to recharge, 2 phones for changing so as you can see the # of outlets are far short. I went to the front desk to ask for an extension cord to help. The lady at the front desk 1st told me “there is a plug in near the phone” I explained we needed more, handed me one and said here ya go. I asked if they could call maintance as the mattress would need to be moved, she laughed and said we are maintenance. So she did follow me to the room and said well here’s a plug in here (next to the TV under the table and behind the garbage can) she said do you want me to unplug the TV or the lamp? Again, the room is already poorly lit. My husband said the lamp please, so now we have an extension cord plugged in and strung across the walkway (tripping hazard !!!) and even less lighting.
Toilet is 15 inches off the floor from base to top of the seat. My husband has slight residual weakness from a stroke so imagine trying to stand up from that low of a seated position. I do NOT have any issues and it was challenging to me!
Pool is FREEZING cold very unenjoyable. When a worker came in to replenish towels (Saturday evening 8:00 pm dark short hair and I think glasses) we asked if she could possibly make it warmer her reply was “No, they don’t want us too, we get in big trouble if we turn it up. Another person asked, can you at least turn on the pool light it is very dark, creepy to swim in, she said no, they don’t want us turning that on. Again, the only place where there is adequate lighting in the pool area is by the hot tub.
On Friday evening we went to enjoy some time in the hot tub, well we were greeted by loud blaring music which could be heard from the main hall. There were 2 people in the hot tub who had a boom box and was playing extremely loud music, a case of beer (bottles) right at the hot tub along with a bottle of whiskey. They left 3 times to let their friends ion from the outside who were in street clothes with swim trunks underneath (not staying at the hotel) They kept offering us drinks which we politely declined and also said they could listen to whatever type of music they preferred after being repeatedly asked. We began to feel very uncomfortable and left when they loudly started calling us rude. We never did get to enjoy the hot tub that night as you can imagine.
Breakfast… well the scrambled eggs had about ½ inch of water sitting ion them, the hasbrowns were a big pan of mush and the sausage looked raw (I know they are heat and serve but they looked disgusting)

As you can probably tell we were not happy with the room, amenities or breakfast. All in all it was not a good stay and will likely never stay at Stoney Creek again when we are visiting Galena.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Stoney Creek Inn - Galena. We take all feedback very seriously and I want to sincerely apologize for your most recent experience. I also want to sincerely apologize for how the Front Desk Team approached you. That is unacceptable and I am so glad that you have brought that to my attention. I will be addressing our team and your response is essential to providing proper training so we can better serve our guests in the future. I would love to make this right with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at trevor.harris@stoneycreekhotels.com to further discuss your stay and my hope is that we are able to make this right and welcome you back in the future and better serve you! Thank you again. I look forward to hearing from you!