“A unique Mexican diner in Geneva”
Review of Mel's Diner & Ice Cream Parlor - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mel's Diner & Ice Cream Parlor
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This was a fun, unique treat. I had fish tacos and my husband had Italian beef (the special). Both were very good. It is a very small place with a diner-like feel, with Mexican influence. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The menu is varied (breakfast, lunch & dinner options). Very good food at decent prices.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Now State Street Diner - same staff and atmosphere

Pro: friendly service, good food, local crowd

Con: coffee is weak

Return: yes

1  Thank 275GTS
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Comfortable diner at diner prices. Love their hamburgers. It's a nice place to have lunch by yourself. Bring your newspaper. Service is good. Restaurant is clean. It is a nice neighorhood restaurant.

1  Thank MeGaWe
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Breakfast at Mel's is always delicious Wish they served fresh squeezed OJ.

1  Thank Barbiu
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The service for good. My friend and I just stopped in for a snack, so we got a basket of fries. It took a little longer that we'd thought it would, but we were in no hurry at all. The atmosphere was definitely laid back and comfortable and the waiters were friendly and laid back as well. I loved what a casual place it was. I've been there before with friends and we have always gotten great service and food. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone of any age.

1  Thank Savanna S