“Great Little Local Thai Spot!”
Review of Bangkok Restaurant

Bangkok Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 151 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2016

I work in Geneva once or twice per week and go their regularly for my Chicken Pad Thai fix. I can't speak to their service staff because I order out exclusively but there food is both delicious and consistent. Just as an FYI, they prefer cash orders under $10 but have been flexible when I didn't have cash with me in the past. I have also brought a couple of colleagues here and they enjoyed their meals thoroughly.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a fancy, upscale restaurant, with servers that will hover over you and cater to your every need, this is not it. But if you're looking for authentic, great flavored Thai food, this is it. It is definitely a little sleeper, kind of buried among all the restaurants on State Street. When you are there, order the yellow curry. Absolutely one of the best yellow Currie's around, and I have had Yellow curry all over the country. I think the aunt is the one actually in the kitchen making it happen. This is where the locals go, and you should check it out.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

I went here for a quick business lunch and was very disappointed with the food. The Tom Kha soup had a very sour taste to it and I sent it back. The Pad Thai was not that tasty at all and the Panang Curry was just OK. Thai food is one of my favorites and it was my first new restaurant to try of the year and it was not up to par. The people were really nice and did not charge me for the soup.

Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

There is nothing flashy about this place, it's just damn good food. Staff are delightful and attentive, the food is spot on. Our group had appetizers and shared family style, experiencing a wide range of their offerings and I can only offer the best and most enthusiastic of recommendations.

Eat their red curry, pad Thai, or any ride dish. You'll be glad you stopped in.

Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

Thai is my favorite type of food so I try and search out all the Fox valley Thai restaurants to give it a try. Went for lunch on a Saturday. I don't have the best sense of smell but my first impression upon entering was the smell of an old musty building. Yes I get that this is in downtown Geneva but I think a freshen up with paint would maybe help? Just hit me right away upon entering. That being said lady who served us (I believe owner since there was a little girl quietly hanging out in the restaurant) was very pleasant. Food was tasty...have had better but good. Found it a bit odd they charged for white rice, it was nominal and said included refills but was just a bit unusual. Opted to have my entree then instead with wide noodles which were not stir fried with my entree but served on the side. Thought they might have a bit more flavor had they been combined while stir fried. Lastly I always find it hard to enjoy my meal completely when the bathroom could also use a good coat of paint and scrubbing. I know that is being picky but just makes you question the cleanliness a bit. Would I come back...maybe because I like to give mom and pop places business. FYI place allows BYOB.