“Excellent pizza”

Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining with sophisticated hospitality. American food with an Italian twist, fresh prepared everyday! 78 wine bottle list, 45 global wines by the glass, hand crafted fresh cocktails, 38 item beer craft list. Reservations not accepted, we do offer a "call ahead, priority wait list" which you can call days and weeks in advance to get on, highly recommend to reduce wait times. Seating preference is given to elderly, pregnant woman, families with babies and local regular customers as a courtesy. Very family friendly local restaurant. TripAdvisor #1 restaurant in Glen Ellyn 4 years in a row as well as Certificate of Excellence.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We don't go to this restaurant very often because there is a very small window between the time that they open and the time they get really crowded.
Although there are many enticing items on the menu, we usually have pizza. I'm partial to the margherita pizza but my wife tried the bbq chicken pizza and it was fantastic. It was totally unlike any other pizza I've ever had and I plan to eat it again.
Panna cotta for dessert was also quite tasty.
The staff was very friendly and the service exemplary.

Date of visit: September 2017
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi Bookworm2000,
Thanks for the outstanding review! We appreciate the recognition for all we try to do, outstanding, fun and friendly service along with a great vibe and wonderful delicious food.
Try our Call Ahead Prioity Wait List, it gets you sat quickly when we are on a wait.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Consistently good Italian cuisine I never eat spaghetti and meatballs outside of my own home. When I have a craving and don't want to cook, I head here. All menu items are well prepared!

Date of visit: September 2017
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks Alixjerome, we love our spaghetti and meatballs too!
Please say hello next time in.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Had a very enjoyable visit to this establishment. Dinner was very good, had the fillet medallions. I ordered them medium and they were a just a bit overdone otherwise I'd have given this a 5 star for quality for a moderately priced restaurant.

The service was very good, and the atmosphere is warm and interesting.

MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you N5951OBjohns for the nice review.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I am a vegetarian and always find something delicious on the menu! The kale salad is a must!! Pizzas are mouth watering. The honey appetizer and lasagna are more of my favorites can't go wrong here. There is something for everyone.

MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you Aimee...we appreciate the great review!
Please say hello next time you're in.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Went here with another couple, had no idea what to expect. We had "priority seating" but had to wait about 45 minutes before we got a table. The hostess said "thank you for your patience. It will be worth the wait" boy was she right! Valerie our waitress was awesome - super personality, very attentive, and she gave us great suggestions and advice. We opted to just order a bunch of things and share. Loved every single thing I tried. Meatball sliders-awesome. Ricotta + honeycomb - all said it was delicious but I skipped it since I don't like ricotta. Hangar steak-omg sauce is heavenly. BBQ chicken pizza-very good. Rigatoni bolognese-tasty and the small shared portion was just enough for me. I don't think I would have wanted to eat whole portion. Crispy pork belly-agreed by all of us best thing we ate all night. Just amazing! The place is very cozy and I just can't say enough about the service. Valerie took good care of us and was about the best waitress I've had. Meal was absolutely delicious!!! Chefs deserve praise. We will definitely be coming back. I guess this is why they are #1 on Trip Advisor!!

1  Thank 718Kelly
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you 718Kelly! Awesome review! We appreciate all your words and you taking the time to write. Valerie, your server, is so wonderful, she's kind and considerate and a great person to work with. She'll appreciate the shout out.
I hope to meet you next time you're in please ask for me and say hello.