Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao
US$189
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,632 results
All reviewsgelatofish tacossushi barplay golfold quarrywater viewrented a carbeautiful propertyall inclusive packageall inclusive planservice chargetennis courtsstreet signspool barswimming areaexplore the islandminute drive
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Mr. Angelo and Rudolph took care of me amazingly. I had run out of cigarrettes. None were available at the resort that day. Mr. Angelo asked Rudolph to drive off resort to purchase them and then deliver to my room. Awesome! On the beach or at SPLASH, locate Missy! She has a signature cocktail that is out of this world!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
SBRGeneralManager, Owner at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your previous stay at our Resort. It is nice to read how the different team members like Rudolph, Angelo and Missy have positively influenced your experiences and we also sincerely appreciate your loyalty to us.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to the island.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The 4 star plus resort. Santa Barbara is a spot anyone looking to visit Curacao may stay. We drove through other resort areas and the beaches do not compare nor does the quite atmosphere. The facilities are good, service is top-notch, and the beach is phenomenal. They have several restaurants. Thank you to the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort staff for making our stay in Curacao wonderful. The beach is so safe to swim and snorkel and the water so warm. Choose our breakfast very carefully as it was expensive but lots of choice and if you like to eat a lot... It would be worth it. Pool is good. It's a pet friendly resort.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
SBRGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort Curacao. Our staff is known to be very accommodating, friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We always strive for excellence and are glad that we have achieved this with you.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you and your family again at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort Curacao.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Santa Barbara Beach and Golf resort is the perfect place for the couple, family, individual who wants to get away and relax. Every aspect of the property and the personnel come together to provide a superb experience. The property is clean and well maintained, the food is excellent, the beach is amazing and the guest rooms are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SBRGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort Curacao. We do take great pride in our product and service execution and receive excellent feedback from our guests on a regular basis. We strive to have every guest leave satisfied.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We have been staying here for 5 days now. And 4 more days to go. It’s very nice on the beach here, swimming pools, food, everything is quality and good. Especially nature is great. Birds and iguanas are all around us. Birds are singing nice natural environment. And we find it very fortunate to see this place. Especially comparing to other resorts in curacao (based on what we have seen) this looks like the best. Except sundays. They allow local people to enter the resort and to use the beach on Sundays , and omg! They make so much noise... no relaxing time possible. So annoying... locals come in groups of 8-10 and each group is a loud noise-maker. I wish the resort didn’t allow such thing.
Also, is this a family resort with shouting kids and loud families or is it a couple resort ?? I think the Santa Barbara resort still doesn’t know where they would like to stand as a brand, so they are trying multiple things at once. I mean they have Christie’s real estate office here (so they want to be In the luxury market) but the execution is not luxurious at all. Plus, it’s not super romantic if you ask us, so I do not recommend it for honeymoon (I wish there were options to make things nicer for couples. )
customer service is average. So don’t expect anything super or luxury. For example it was ironic last night, I was sick and had fever so after I took shower I wanted to dry my hair and sleep around 11:30pm. However the hair dryer was not working. I called housekeeping several times nobody picked up, I called front desk asked for a new hair dryer. The response was “there is nobody in the housekeeping department, they dont work at this hour” I said “ok, so it’s a 5 star resort so u cannot find a hair dryer for someone who is sick?” I mean if they were so good at customer service, they could have sent a bell boy to a vacant room and brig the hair dryer to me , or they could have sent the bell boy to the housekeeping room!!! So there are easy solutions. But they said no!

Plus it’s Mostly old couples around. If you are young and energetic, you might not be happy around. We are ok here because we mainly play cards and chill out.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort Curacao. I am disappointed to hear that we are not meeting or exceeding your expectations during your stay. I can assure you that your review has been addressed with the concerned departments to improve our on-property experience for every guest. We appreciate your business and we want to ensure our guests have a great experience.

We wish you pleasant days ahead with us and hoping to be afforded the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

After evaluating many options we selected the Santa Barbara Resort. The resort is outstanding with lots of activities and dining options for the week. The property and rooms are very well maintained, staff very attentive and helpful. We rented a car for two days which was extremely easy to do at the hotel. After traveling around the island and seeing the other hotel options I would not hesitate to stay at the Santa Barbara again.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view. So relaxing when you wake up and at the end of the day. We also liked the fact that they have implemented many "green" initiatives.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SBRGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

On behalf of the management and staff of our beautiful resort we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to review your stay. We do take great pride in our product and service execution and receive excellent feedback from our guests on a regular basis. We strive to have every guest leave satisfied.

We look forward on welcoming you back to the island and Santa Barbara Resort.