“Food and service was a bit off - not the best place to go if you are single diner on a business trip.”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #31 of 146 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Reviewed 12 March 2018

when I travel I usually go to a chain in order to get consistent food and predictable prep, but lately chili's has been a roll of the dice. This location was convenient but the food was definately not up to par. The Buffalo chicken salad looked different than what I have usually gotten, so much so that I asked my waiter if I had received the correct entree. The lettuce was soggy and the salad had not bene drained well before being dressed. The under seasoned chicken was done as a big slice of breaded chicken cut into strips, which meant that you had to cut the meat up before eating. The service was strange, being a single traveler entering a 1/2 empty location in prime time dining, I was surprised that I got seated next to a pretty loud party of 6. The server wasn't happy that I was not drinking, and never came by to refill my tea. Not a great experience. $32 including tip for a dinner salad entree plus cheese curds and tea. Expensive for what I got.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We decided to go to this place to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We had one of the worst server, who didn't write down our order and ended up messing up all the food we ordered. We waited a long time to get our order in and even longer for them to refill our water.
Food was barely warm and seems like been sitting out for a long time. All our food tasted as it was prepared by a novice as it tasted underprepared and lack of any taste. For example, our fajita seemed like it came out of the freezer and microwaved. Based on this experience I will not be visiting any Chili's Restaurants and of other chains related this restaurant chain.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We stopped by on our way to a movie at the mall. The restaurant was half full, not busy. Once seated, we waited for a server and no one came to the table. My husband asked the host to send someone, still, no one came. We decided to leave and on the way out my husband commented to an employee that this was the worst service we had ever had. Her reply - Thanks for coming and have a nice day in a sarcastic tone. We will not go back.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

a chain resturaunt that highlights american food. The prices are reasonable for families. Half of the tables were families.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Great waitress, friendly service, quick food preparation and conveniently located off the highway, Gurnee Mills and Six Flags.