9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$1,930
View deal
Hotels.comUS$1,930
Booking.comUS$1,930
CheapTicketsUS$1,930
StRegis.comUS$1,930
PricelineUS$1,930
Orbitz.comUS$1,930
All reviews blue hole great room overwater villa butler service iridium spa anti gravity airport butler every morning sea plane champagne sabering wine dinner fish our honeymoon amazing butler butler team hydrotherapy pool hard product
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

its absolutely 5/5 and i thank all of the working staff on the island the were all friendly and have amazing hospitality skills that made us fell very comfortable, and i wish to thank our butler mr shamiu for all his help and good services he gave us ❤️

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vincent Pauchon, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2021

Dear Stay10051879146,

Greetings from The St Regis Maldives.

Thank You for dropping us a 5/5 review.

We are so fortunate enough that you have chosen our little piece of paradise to celebrate your honeymoon.
With so much excitement to know that we have curated an exquisite experience during your stay with us.

Our team is committed to ensure you have the utmost level of guest experience and thank you for acknowledging the amazing friendly hospitality skills of Shamiu, your butler.

We sincerely wish to see you on your next visit.

Please stay safe.

Warm Regards,

The St Regis Maldives Vommuli Island

Reviewed 29 June 2021

My wife and I got married June 2020 and due to Covid were not able to take a real honeymoon. I am an avid traveler and have literally been around the world. We live in Florida and have seen our share of great beaches from the Florida Keys, Bahamas Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Thailand, French Rivera, Amalfi, etc. I share this only to provide a point of reference of our previous experience.

Our stay at the St Regis Maldives was a different level. It was perfect. The resort, the people, the services, the food AND the wine. We stayed for 6 days/5 nights and had an over the water bungalow with sunset views. I’ve seen tons of pictures of OTW Bungalows and didn’t think it would be that overwhelming. But it was. The room was perfect, obviously the view but also things you don’t expect like the whole home automation system to the large closet. It was all just perfect.

Another aspect I wasn’t expecting to be so important/amazing was the butler service. Alexandra was great, she took care of our itinerary from dinner reservations, spa services, setting up a private dinner on the beach, scheduling a fishing trip and arranging the executive chef to cook up our catch.

My wife and I go to Napa once a year. We were shocked at the incredible wine list at the property. We could get a really good bottle of wine for $100 up to $20,000. The food was really wonderful. The brunch at Alba should not be missed. Make sure to grab a drink at the whale bar for sunset. There are lots of great options for dinner including very romantic dinners on the beach.

I can not say enough about the level of service at this property! Every person we met had a PASSION for service and really cared about our experience. We can’t wait to go back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vincent Pauchon, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2021

Dear johnE5520VM,

Greetings from our little piece of paradise.

With great delight, thank you so much for sharing to us your St Regis Maldives experience.

It is a great honor to be called on this review as "heaven on earth".

Reading through your post was such an inspiration to continue creating exquisite experience to all our valued guests.

Here at The St Regis, we are famous of the highest level of butler service, thank you for acknowledging Alexandra's dedication.

We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit.

Please stay safe

Reviewed 27 June 2021

It is hard to imagine that a hotel can live up to this much hype. Certainly the location and views are stunning, which hardly does it justice. We redeemed points for a 5 night stay in the rainy season. My recommendation is to pay the extra $125 for the overwater villa because it was certainly worth it. In addition, I think the rainy season is a good time to visit for a couple of reasons. We had one day where it was clear and it was quite hot! In the rainy season, you will get more of a breeze, which makes a huge difference. We requested a more private villa, which they did not guarantee, but boy did they deliver. Villa 528 has incredible views and is quite private. It is seaside so it is a bit rougher to swim in the ocean. We did not mind this because the hotel beach was more than enough. I loved the platinum food discount of 20% and I recommend you do the food and beverage credit upfront.

We did the guided snorkeling, which was great, but I think for us who are not necessarily hardcore snorkelers the house reef was enough. I say this because the house reef is that impressive where you are swimming with the fishes! We did see a huge ray on our guided snorkel, which we did not see at the house reef, but there were plenty of reef sharks.

Lastly, I will say the service is incredible. I recommend requesting Akram as a butler because I can't imagine someone taking better care of us. He was phenomenal and it is clear that the hotel takes service seriously. Akram was telling us he trained in South Africa as a butler. From the moment you step off the plane in Male, you will be spoiled and this is the best service I have ever had.

Whew, to summarize, this was the best vacation I have ever been on. While there is some evidence of wear and tear as this hotel as been around for a few years, they spend a lot of attention to keeping it maintained. The reality is this is one of the best resorts in the world!

2  Thank JustinGDanville

Dear JustinG,

Greetings from The St Regis Maldives.

Thank You for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

We are so delighted to here that you had the best vacation.

The entire team is so much appreciative on your feedback regarding the incredible service and most of all the phenomenal service from Akram.

We are truly committed in providing the utmost exquisite experience to all our valued guests.

We look forward to see you on your next holiday.

Wishing you safety at all times.

Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at St. Regis hotels before but we’ve never had a butler like this before, Akram was the best. The service he and the rest of the staff provided was incomparable. The head chef Sunil Dutt and his staff made a breakfast item that wasn’t on the menu for my daughter, as it was our last day. The executive chef Ashish made us meals completely off the menu every time we went to Orientale. It was one of the best experiences ever, and again their service was amazing. They go above and beyond and provide everything you ask for.
The over water villas have an amazing view, the main beach is white sand and clear blue water. Just an amazing week. Service was just over the top. They even had a cake, the room decorated for my wife’s birthday. Just awesome stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sunnybaj
Vincent Pauchon, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2021

Dear Sunnybaj,

A warm beautiful day to you from all of us at The St Regis Maldives.

Thank You for sharing your fabulous family adventure to all readers.

It is with great delight to know that we have curated an exquisite experience for your entire family.
Your review inspires us to continue anticipating guests needs.

With much appreciation for highlighting the efforts of your butler Akram, Chef Sunil and Chef Aashish.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Please take care and stay safe.

Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay at the St Regis for 8 days in the beginning of June 2021. We chose this specific report bc of its isolated location, the strict Covid protocols they have implemented and the fact that St Regis service is beyond amazing.

We cannot even put down a highlight of the trip because there are so many! We chose the CIP option and were picked up directly from the plane and driven by private car service to a lounge where we could relax while the staff handled visas/baggage etc. Since our plane was scheduled to leave shortly we did not have a chance to relax in the St Regis lounge upon arrival but did stay for a bit during the departure - the food and drinks were fabulous!

Once at the island we were greeted by our butler - Alit - who managed everything for us: dinner reservations, life jackets, fresh tropical fruit, lattes, anything we could think of! And to top it off - he managed to secure us an outstanding ocean villa that had views of BOTH sunrise and sunset!

We did manage to change rooms during our stay to a beachfront villa and that was just beautiful - from the architecture, to the greenery, the outdoor showers, to your own private beach (since you barely saw anyone) - this was a great room!

The little touches the St Regis provides were fantastic as well: hats, slippers, fruit platters, little desserts, a small cake for our anniversary, non-alcoholic champagne - seriously, it’s going to be VERY hard to top this vacay.

BRUNCH. That’s all I have to say. AMAZING, DELICIOUS, BEYOND!!!! My husband and I would show up early, enjoy our breakfast and just sip tea/juice and read books while enjoying the views. Do try the duck and waffles, poached eggs w Hollandaise, tropical fruits, pastries to die for and their yummy juices!

Shout out to Jenif, Ameen, Alex, Mentino for their gracious service every morning and to Chef S. Dutt for the unbelievable spread!

Food was great at all the restaurants - We especially loved the poke and ceviche at Alba and the chef’s own specials he created for us at Orientale - major kudos to Chef Ashish for his culinary genius and creativity and Pina for her service!

And thank you to Shafeeu for (finally) getting me to snorkel!

We’ve been to the Maldives before and many high end resorts all around the world, but the experience, beauty and service here was simply OUTSTANDING! THANK YOU!

Dear Shabana A,

A warm beautiful day to you from all of us at The St Regis Maldives.

Thank You for sharing your wonderful escape.

It is overwhelming to know that we have curated an exquisite experience. The St Regis has a trademark of its high level of customer service and we would like to seamlessly maintain on the pedestal of what we have been known for. Your review depicts on the amazing touches and amazing service on the island.

We appreciate you mentioning our strict Covid protocols that we implemented on the island, We are certain that we are truly committed in making our piece of paradise a safe haven to both our guests and hosts.

A shout out has been relayed to your butler Alit, Jenif, Ameen, Alex, Mentino, Chef Sunil, Chef Ashish, Pina and Shafeeu.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit. We will all be waiting for you.

Please take care and stay safe.