11 people are viewing this hotel
US$2,433
Booking.comUS$2,750
StRegis.comUS$2,750
CheapTicketsUS$2,750
All reviews great room butler service blue hole overwater villa iridium spa every morning our honeymoon airport butler sea plane wine dinner fish champagne sabering personal butler four seasons bora bora bar grill high tech
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2021

We went to St. Regis Maldives for our honeymoon and we weren’t disappointed with anything — the whole experience from the the airport on arrival to the departure was simply perfect.

Starting off in the St Regis Great Room (airport lounge) — it was my husband’s birthday, so they came out singing and had a treat, along with other snacks and drinks while we waited on seaplane. My luggage had delayed coming from the US, so they were handling that for me as well (it arrived a few seaplanes later and they got it to my room with no issue!).

Once you arrive at the hotel the team is great; and if you have a butler on your trip then they take you from there. It took me a minute to figure out how our butler knew it was us as he came RIGHT UP to us after disembarking the seaplane, but I figured out/assumed that the airport butlers report back ahead of time. This is just ONE simple example of the attention to detail that your butler and staff will pay attention during your entire trip — AMAZING!

After arriving and getting over the beautiful views — then we started with our adventure that we pre-planned with Butler staff and they converted into an agenda for the week. The meals were all great — especially Indian food at Cargo and the pizzas at Crust. Room service was also perfect especially when we ate on our Overwater Villa deck with pool. The rooms were spacious and great — no issues with A/C, water, nothing — all perfect.

Our butler hooked us up with fins to go along with the snorkel gear we decided to bring along, but they had all gear if you need. We did the turtle snorkeling excursion along with the Dolphin Explorations — saw turtles and dolphins on each trip.

We also hit the spa multiple times — salt scrub, massage, facial and Blue Hole hydrotherapy — ALL AMAZING! Spa facilities are great.

And finally, what made this the best vacation and best hotel we have ever been to (and we travel A LOT) was the butler and staff all over the island. I have mentioned him a few times, but wanted to give more detail — Our butler Akram paid attention to all our needs and would anticipate our needs plus help offer suggestions for other things and time changes that made sense, etc….. Although I know he had other guests he was working with, you never felt like he wasn’t at your service at all times. The staff all communicate with one another to be sure we never had to think… Just enjoy the hotel, the sun, the food, etc. Akram was the best!! Perfect Service! We will request him again!

The staff at the Alba every morning for breakfast were all 5-star. They were super friendly and always there for your needs. They also work at other restaurants around the island for lunch and dinner, so we were always met with a hello and a smile all over during the week.

More on the food — In summary, we never had a bad meal like I read in some reviews. And I’m not making an excuse that they can only do what they do, as they’re in the middle of the ocean. This food was top notch with the FRESHEST ingredients. We loved every meal.

As mentioned, Cargo is a must along with Whale Bar for drinks and eat along with Crust & Craft. The sunset view at Whale Bar is a must see. Room service is also great — we never had issues. We spoke with the food and beverage manager Sonny to share our happy reviews, and he let us know that a new Mexican restaurant and a Korean BBQ special feature will be coming in the future, so even more food to try when we return.

If you are thinking about Maldives, then St. Regis is a MUST! We chose this as our honeymoon destination with the thoughts of probably not making the long journey back for quite some time as we hit other Asia cities typically once a year, but Akram and the St Regis team will force us to return VERY SOON!! THANK YOU!!

Room tip: Overwater Villas are great
2  Thank Daltex888
Vincent Pauchon, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Dear Daltex888,

Greetings from The St Regis Maldives

Your review made our day extra special.

Thank You for naming us the perfect honeymoon destination. It is truly an honor coming from valuable guests like you.

Your review is inevitably the experience we are known for.
The excitement reflects on the details of your review which inspires us to endlessly curate exquisite experiences to all of you.

Your butler Akram and the rest of the team will be thrilled to see you very soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

We loved everything about our stay at the St Regis, very special days for relaxing and enjoying the Maldives. The rooms are nice and spacious (we liked the beach villa more than the overwater one), amazing food, all restaurants are great but Cargo is sooo nice. Service was perfect, our butler Sareer made our stay even better providing everything we needed.

Room tip: The Beach Villas with pool are just AMAZING!
Date of stay: July 2021

Dear missmanoka,

Greetings from The St Regis Maldives

Thank You very much for posting your amazing experience on this platform.

We are delighted to hear that we have curated an exquisite experience for you.
Thank you for highlighting your spacious villa, amazing food, great restaurants especially Cargo and most of all the seamless service from your butler, Sareer.

We are so much eager to welcome you back on your next visit at our little piece of paradise.

Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

its absolutely 5/5 and i thank all of the working staff on the island the were all friendly and have amazing hospitality skills that made us fell very comfortable, and i wish to thank our butler mr shamiu for all his help and good services he gave us ❤️

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vincent Pauchon, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2021

Dear Stay10051879146,

Greetings from The St Regis Maldives.

Thank You for dropping us a 5/5 review.

We are so fortunate enough that you have chosen our little piece of paradise to celebrate your honeymoon.
With so much excitement to know that we have curated an exquisite experience during your stay with us.

Our team is committed to ensure you have the utmost level of guest experience and thank you for acknowledging the amazing friendly hospitality skills of Shamiu, your butler.

We sincerely wish to see you on your next visit.

Please stay safe.

Warm Regards,

The St Regis Maldives Vommuli Island

Reviewed 29 June 2021

My wife and I got married June 2020 and due to Covid were not able to take a real honeymoon. I am an avid traveler and have literally been around the world. We live in Florida and have seen our share of great beaches from the Florida Keys, Bahamas Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Thailand, French Rivera, Amalfi, etc. I share this only to provide a point of reference of our previous experience.

Our stay at the St Regis Maldives was a different level. It was perfect. The resort, the people, the services, the food AND the wine. We stayed for 6 days/5 nights and had an over the water bungalow with sunset views. I’ve seen tons of pictures of OTW Bungalows and didn’t think it would be that overwhelming. But it was. The room was perfect, obviously the view but also things you don’t expect like the whole home automation system to the large closet. It was all just perfect.

Another aspect I wasn’t expecting to be so important/amazing was the butler service. Alexandra was great, she took care of our itinerary from dinner reservations, spa services, setting up a private dinner on the beach, scheduling a fishing trip and arranging the executive chef to cook up our catch.

My wife and I go to Napa once a year. We were shocked at the incredible wine list at the property. We could get a really good bottle of wine for $100 up to $20,000. The food was really wonderful. The brunch at Alba should not be missed. Make sure to grab a drink at the whale bar for sunset. There are lots of great options for dinner including very romantic dinners on the beach.

I can not say enough about the level of service at this property! Every person we met had a PASSION for service and really cared about our experience. We can’t wait to go back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vincent Pauchon, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2021

Dear johnE5520VM,

Greetings from our little piece of paradise.

With great delight, thank you so much for sharing to us your St Regis Maldives experience.

It is a great honor to be called on this review as "heaven on earth".

Reading through your post was such an inspiration to continue creating exquisite experience to all our valued guests.

Here at The St Regis, we are famous of the highest level of butler service, thank you for acknowledging Alexandra's dedication.

We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2021

It is hard to imagine that a hotel can live up to this much hype. Certainly the location and views are stunning, which hardly does it justice. We redeemed points for a 5 night stay in the rainy season. My recommendation is to pay the extra $125 for the overwater villa because it was certainly worth it. In addition, I think the rainy season is a good time to visit for a couple of reasons. We had one day where it was clear and it was quite hot! In the rainy season, you will get more of a breeze, which makes a huge difference. We requested a more private villa, which they did not guarantee, but boy did they deliver. Villa 528 has incredible views and is quite private. It is seaside so it is a bit rougher to swim in the ocean. We did not mind this because the hotel beach was more than enough. I loved the platinum food discount of 20% and I recommend you do the food and beverage credit upfront.

We did the guided snorkeling, which was great, but I think for us who are not necessarily hardcore snorkelers the house reef was enough. I say this because the house reef is that impressive where you are swimming with the fishes! We did see a huge ray on our guided snorkel, which we did not see at the house reef, but there were plenty of reef sharks.

Lastly, I will say the service is incredible. I recommend requesting Akram as a butler because I can't imagine someone taking better care of us. He was phenomenal and it is clear that the hotel takes service seriously. Akram was telling us he trained in South Africa as a butler. From the moment you step off the plane in Male, you will be spoiled and this is the best service I have ever had.

Whew, to summarize, this was the best vacation I have ever been on. While there is some evidence of wear and tear as this hotel as been around for a few years, they spend a lot of attention to keeping it maintained. The reality is this is one of the best resorts in the world!

2  Thank JustinGDanville

Dear JustinG,

Greetings from The St Regis Maldives.

Thank You for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

We are so delighted to here that you had the best vacation.

The entire team is so much appreciative on your feedback regarding the incredible service and most of all the phenomenal service from Akram.

We are truly committed in providing the utmost exquisite experience to all our valued guests.

We look forward to see you on your next holiday.

Wishing you safety at all times.