“All-purpose Japanese restaurant”

Sushi Badaya
Ranked #70 of 109 Restaurants in Highland Park
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Good location and good outdoor dining. Interesting range of Japanese dinners. I think there are new owners again

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I tried this restaurant when I first moved here for take out. Not overly impressed. After it was recommended by another, I gave it another opportunity. Same result-not overly impressed with some pieces very good. I eat a lot of sushi, so I went one more time. I have to say they are consistent...probably will not return, no need, plenty of mediocre restaurants in the area for less money.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

We came here before a concert at Ravinia. The service was prompt and staff friendly. The food was excellent. We had sushi rolls, beef dumplings, miso soup, and salad. The prices are in line with good quality sushi I've had elsewhere. Our fish was fresh, and they have a nice big selection of sushi and sashimi on the menu. For $20-$30 you can do a combo platter where you get two types of rolls, soup, and salad. Which we thought was a good deal. The portions were big enough that I could only eat half of each of my two rolls. I definitely recommend the Pink Dragon and Red Dragon rolls... very tasty. The food is plated nicely... it feels fine dining, yet the atmosphere is definitely more casual. Like any good sushi place, the chefs make the rolls out front behind a sitting bar. If you're in town for Ravinia, the restaurant is close to one of the park and ride lots, so it was easy for us to hop on the bus to get to the concert after dinner.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Good sushi and friendly service. In nice weather you can sit outside and eat al fresco. Easy to park across the street

Reviewed 11 August 2011

If you are looking for an enjoyable experience, THEN DO NOT GO HERE. . My GF and I went there on Wed Night approx 7:30, it was not too busy. They only had two servers, they do not have bus boys to help them. Needless to say, the service was horrible. The food was not very good either. Even if you use a groupon, it is still a waiste of money and time to go there. Not very professional management and food quality was poor. I ordered beef teriyaki and the beef was tough as could be. This is my first groupon and first review of a restaurant, I usually dont write complaints, but this place was so bad I felt like I needed to warn others. If you have time and money to waiste, then you will enjoy this place.