“Siddahartha Show”
Review of Madame Zuzu's Tea House - CLOSED

Madame Zuzu's Tea House
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I traveled here for Billy's Siddahartha synth show. It was amazing. The tea house is beautiful and the staff we're very friendly. We did not eat here we just had their tea, which was delicious. Definitely would recommend this tea house for tea lovers!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

As big fans of the owner, my boyfriend and I decided to visit ZuZu's on our last day in Chicago - what a great decision! Being a HUGE tea lover, I opted for the fantastic 'All you can drink - Tier Two' deal which was only 12.99 and allowed me to sample as many teas under $7 as I wanted. As we had nothing else to do with the day, I really got my money's worth. There was a very laid back atmosphere teamed with quirky and imaginative decor. There was one server that day, and she was fantastic. She was so helpful in helping me to pick out teas, (being very knowledgeable about them herself) and she was very attentive. She also told us that Billy was playing a DJ set for Halloween if we were willing to stick around. We were more than happy to stay and popped out to Abigail's Bistro for some dinner in between our copious amounts of tea. There were snacks at Zuzu's (lovely vegan brownies for example) but not enough to feed us for the evening. However, as a tea house it is perfect. That night Billy played a great set, and let us get a photo with him. The only possible 'negative' (though I actually think it is quite a positive as it allows for a more varied clientele) is that it is in the suburbs of Chicago. We, however, enjoyed a very pleasant trip on the Metra and enjoyed seeing a different side of Chicago. All in all, a great experience. Great selection of teas, friendly staff and well priced. We will definitely head back when we are next in the area.

1  Thank SadTurtle
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Thanks to Billy for sticking his neck out to be different. You get a good feeling entering to matter who you are. While we are probably not the target demographic, being older, we felt no discomfort here. Quality is the best. and the staff is genuinely happy to serve up a great experience. We will come back with our friends. Oh yes, the tea is the best!

2  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I tried the Zuzu Gunpowder and Matcha teas - both are delicious. Zuzu's serves Intelligentsia Coffee, and the Direct Trade Guatemalan coffee was excellent too.

It's Saturday afternoon and there's a nice crowd, the music is nice and I like the interior design.

I support locally owned and operated businesses as much as possible and encourage you to support Madame Zuzu's.

1  Thank Mike B