“Unique and interesting, but too expensivr”

Madame Zuzu's Tea House
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I love this concept and I love their teas. The vibe inside is very cool and is great for friends or dates. It would be even more amazing with cozier couches to solidify the vibe. Or at least drop the prices. It's hard to justify so much for tea even if it is a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

It's a sad tale when the best thing about a tea house is the free wifi and the background music.....
We tried three different teas, and they were basically coloured water.....served with a plastic, bear-shaped honey dispenser.
We had two of the vegan sandwiches -- the cashew cheese and the avocado/tomato -- which were okay.
I doubt very much if I'll return. The quirky decor and nearby large, free parking lot do not make up for the watered-down tea.

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Found this cool eclectic coffee shop by chance looking for lunch on the Green Bay trail . Was my 1st vegan sandwich but won't be my last it was great .

1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

I visited Zuzu's yesterday, after travelling from England to Chicago to live out my Smashing Pumpkins dream and go on a pilgrimage that's been a long time coming. A fan for 15 years (now officially half my life!), I've always wanted to visit the city, but when Zuzu's opened a few years ago I knew it was somewhere I needed to visit sooner rather than later! I took a Metra train out to the teahouse and thought it was wonderful. It is small, but attention to detail is very apparent from the moment you walk in, from the delicious looking sweet treats on the counter, to the fine array of tea jars that you can sniff to get a sense of the brew, to the gorgeous decor (embarrassed to say I even noticed the ceiling, very Everlasting Gaze ;-)). I had the 'All you can drink' deal as planned to spend the whole afternoon - one tiny complaint was that I had to mention this deal - it wasn't on the printed menu. I sampled 4 teas, two of which were utterly fabulous - the Crema Earl Grey was like no tea I've ever tasted. The name makes it sound indulgent - believe me, it really does taste as good as it's spot on moniker suggests. The other (and probably my favourite) was the herbal Honey Almond. It sounded scrumptious but I've often been disappointed by these kind of teas - the smell promises so much but then the actual flavour lets it down. Not this one! Beautiful pink colour, heavenly scent, wonderful flavour. Am regretting not purchasing some (it was pretty much the only one I couldn't see packaged up for sale). The other two teas I had were nice but paled slightly in comparison with the first two stonkers. I had a tasty mustard, cashew cheese and rocket/arugula sandwich with intriguing black tortilla chips. Service was pretty good, very polite and accommodating, happy to chat but equally not overbearing. The place was quiet when I visited but the atmosphere was still pleasant - there was music playing and lots of bits to look at so had a really nice low key vibe.
I'm not someone who would usually go out for tea (as I said above, UK teas are usually a bit disappointing) but this place really does have a finely curated array that I'd be interested to work my way through. Shame I'm a continent away!

Overall, a quality establishment with a big heart. Just one question - what's in the mysterious chest in the ladies bathroom?!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I traveled here for Billy's Siddahartha synth show. It was amazing. The tea house is beautiful and the staff we're very friendly. We did not eat here we just had their tea, which was delicious. Definitely would recommend this tea house for tea lovers!