“Local gem in Ravinia”

Madame Zuzu's Tea House
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Billy Corgan's place in Highland Park is my favorite place to meet friends or colleagues over tea. The former Ravinia Post Office now has the look and feel of a Chinese antique tea house. Great, rare teas, good tea sandwiches and smoothies are worth the trip via on the Metra UP-North Ravinia stop. I see Billy there often hanging out when I drive by.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Quiet tea house in Highland Park selling eclectic tea and sandwich choices. A bit over prices for the quality. The locale was nice and decoration very interesting. Belongs to Billy a organ from the Smashing Pumpkins. However tea was nothing you can't get from a tea store and food was quite average.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

This place was unexpectingly a great place. I was greeted by Mike from behind the counter with a nice hello and friendly question of "have you been here before?" To me that makes any place a go to place. In this day in age folks aren't saying hello anymore and making you feel welcomed.

This place has a huge variety of teas that I didn't know existed. I am a coffee drinker and order my standard issue coffee black and worked on my laptop. This place beats your overcrowded and noisy starbucks.

The place smells like incense which at first was potent to me but I adjusted and of course it didn't bother me after a few minutes.

They have a minimal selection of pastry goodies. I tried the pumpkin chocolate chip bread which was really good. More quality than quantity in this place when it comes to the pastries. However, quality and good quantity of teas. They also do some sandwiches which I didn't order.

Eclectic collection of music, foods from around the world, and pictures for purchase. This place is great for the visitors to the Northshore of Chicago. Also good for folks working on laptops, reading books, and just relaxing.

I came in on a Tuesday at 1pm and stayed till 4pm. Super chill.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Loads of vegetarian and vegan options, a place for a long quiet discussion. Even for a first date, but particularly with a vegetarian

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I love this concept and I love their teas. The vibe inside is very cool and is great for friends or dates. It would be even more amazing with cozier couches to solidify the vibe. Or at least drop the prices. It's hard to justify so much for tea even if it is a great atmosphere.