“Great old fashioned crispy pizza at fair price”
Review of Home Run Inn

Home Run Inn
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Hillside
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

If you are around Hillside it is worth getting there to get something descent to eat. Personnel was very kind and smily, premises clean. As far as pizza and salads are concerned, they are well prepared, cooked and served. Portion sizes are big and the ratio value for money is in favour of value. I would visit it again.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The pizza was good here. We were traveling and looked for something quick and filling. For $3 we added a very generous house favorite side salad and it was lovely. Pizza came hot with a nice crisp crust.
The service was okay, but the waitress warmed up to us soon enough. Then she took much better care of us.

The restaurant looked clean and I would eat here again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We really enjoy the Home Run Inn pizza. We always order ahead and pick it up. It's always hot and delicious and the staff is friendly and professional.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Came for pizza with a group of 11. Most of the group really likes the pizza from here. I am okay with it. The salad was great. The pizza was good. Service, although very pleasant, was pretty slow.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I went with my family to eat, several times I had to say I had a 4th person coming in a moment, the staff kept wanting to take the 4th menu and kept asking if I was ready to place an order. Time after time I explained I was waiting for my 4th person. Eventually after being asked again if I wanted to order yet I just placed the order without the 4th person. We made a request for a pie cut instead of squares and ordered apps from their happy hour menu. When my 4th person came in nobody acknowledged her we had to keep looking back over to the bar area where the staff was hovering. Our apps came when we finally got our servers attention to take the 4th persons drink order. The server asked if we needed ketchup when she came we said yes and walked over and got the bottle then returned and slammed it on the table and walked off, 2 of us needed refills but she darted off without noticing. When our wings came, I noticed a piece of hair right away and called the manager over. He quickly walked off with the wings and Im that time our pizza came, it was cut in squares. The server came over and said is everything ok, then when we said it was cut wrong she said did you want pie cut. And admitted that was her mistake for not marking it originally. We said it was fine we just wanted to eat at this point, our new Wings came out not long after and the manager apologized and took it off the bill. Overall the food is home run inn quality but the service is lacking. With this much trouble on a slow day I can't imagine the kind of mess you see on a busy day. Sitting on a stool at the bar with you back to your customers is definitely not part of a good customer experience.