“Perfect and quick breakfast!”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe

Egg Harbor Cafe
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café in Lake Forest brings you the highest quality, carefully-sourced breakfast and lunch with fast, friendly service in a modern farmhouse setting, 6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. daily. We serve free range eggs that are certified-humane. We serve Intelligentsia gold cup standard coffee, sourced directly from the finest small family growers. You will not find high fructose corn syrup in any of our food. We are happy to offer an excellent gluten free menu. Great food, great employees and happy, satisfied customers are the goals that influence everything we do. Owners John Wright and Mike and Aimee Farrell believe that Egg Harbor´s regular customers are the glue that holds us together. As a family-owned company involving three generations of children and grandchildren, we pride ourselves in being an extended family to a great number of people, both employees and customers, and in our restaurants´ active involvement in their local communities.
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My teenage son and I went here for breakfast. Service was quick and delicious… Highly recommend!
my son had the waffles with eggs and bacon and cleaned his plate without leaving a taste for me. I had the farmers Benedict which was outstanding.

BreakfastCafe, Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We will share your kind words with our team.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Came here on a Sunday morning and the wait was surprisingly short, less than 20 minutes. Pretty crowded breakfast place. Was there with three other people. I had the pancakes, which have some wheat flour in them giving them a whole grain kind of taste. The skillets looked good, and the people I was eating with liked the Benedict eggs. Some southern items on the menu like grits, look good. Good coffee, they give you a pot so you don't have to worry about refills. They also make coffee drinks. The pancakes were not a great choice for me, but otherwise a nice breakfast.

BreakfastCafe, Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that the pancakes were not for you but I am glad that you saw some other things on the menu that you might like to try. On your next visit, please ask for either Bruce or Scott, as we would like a chance to meet you.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I've been dining at Egg Harbor in LF for 26 years and the food and service is consistently excellent! The menu offers a wide selection of both breakfast & lunch items including some very healthy choices. Great homey atmosphere to gather with family and friends...but get there early on Sunday if you don't want to wait.

BreakfastCafe, Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Pamela
Thank you for your long time patronage and loyalty. I want you to know we value that greatly. We appreciate your kind words and will share your praise with our team.
See you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We where in town visiting our son , one of his friends recommended this restaurant for breakfast. We where not disappointed, good food , great service!

1  Thank janice a
BreakfastCafe, Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Janice
I want to thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a great experience and we hope to see you again soon when you visit your son.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Yes, they are often very busy and sometimes you have to wait for a table, but it is must go-to place whenever my adult kids are in town. We almost always order one of the skillets though we can never seem to eat it all. Makes for a yummy breakfast the next morning!

BreakfastCafe, Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Deborah
We are so glad to hear that we are a must go-to place for your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lake Forest EHC