“A beautiful Inn overlooking Rice Lake”

Hillview Haven Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Peter & Irene have a gorgeous hilltop retreat. The rooms each have a different theme and the details in the decor are excellent. Breakfast is delicious and filling. Make sure you inquire about Peter's optional suppers - they are worth it. We stayed on a Groupon promotion, if you can get one it's a steal!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Here is my horrific story, I booked my husbands B'day weekend at this place a few months back. Two days before checking in, Peter calls me to tell me that his daughter was coming home and we had to cancel our trip. I was quite shocked because he ruined a perfect weekend. These guys are a perfect example of being non-professional . If you guys book this place, please have a plan B. He also said renting this place via Groupon is an alternate way of publicity and he was not font of it. He prefers people paying directly to him. I lost it and asked him for a full refund and after 2 days worth of thought he gave me a refund. Anyway, I am here looking for other deals at the last minute wishing myself good luck because I decided to stay at this place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Renu R
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I booked the British room for my fiance's birthday. When we arrived I was shocked to find there was no shower in the room, only a tub that was overlooking the house and not private. This was problematic as we had just come from camping and frankly I don't like baths.
The room was small and had porcelain dolls and trinkets in it that frankly creeper me out. The owners were very friendly and the dinner was delicious bit expensive, but the rooms needed a complete upgrade. We ended up leaving at 9:30 pm and driving back to Toronto as we felt awkward at the house and were dreading sleeping with the creepy dolls in Queen bed that was not comfortable. We did not yet offered any discount for leaving early.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Good:
Peaceful place, nice terrace.

Bad:
When we arrived the guy came to us and took all my credit card details (including the security code at the back), my phone mumber and my email. I should have refused. He sent to his own paypal account located in Luxemburg a payment on my behalf, without asking any permission. He used my personnal information, so the payment seems to come from me. We paid 1400$ for 3 nights in the so called 5 stars chalet. We had 5 old towels for five and nothing more for the whole stay. No soap, no toothpath, no shampoo. There is a TV with only 3 DVD, no TV channel. The single A/C is efficient but very noisy. The sofa and bed are old and small, we had back pain after 3 nights, even with the foam packing on top of the mattress (see the pictures of the beds !!!). If you want to buy some food or anything else, the nearest place is at 20 Km. We should have read the opinion of others travellers before choosing this place. The owners are greedy and it seems they are doing everything to get your money. This is the worst accomodation and the most expensive one we had during our 3 weeks stay in Ontario/Quebec. All the others were nice. I asked an invoice before leaving, the guy was busy so he told he will send it by mail; still waiting for it.

Room Tip: The chalet for 6 persons is not a 5 stars, only the price is.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank Joel_UAE
Reviewed 15 August 2016

The toughest part of planning a vacation getaway for my wife and I is planning our meals due to my wife's numerous and serious food allergies. Peter and Irene are the owners of Hillview Haven Estate Guest House and Peter plays a dual role being a professional chef.

Peter takes great pride and care in his culinary profession. When I made my reservation by telephone and requested a package which included supper, Peter immediately inquired if my wife or I had any food allergies. I proceeded to give Peter over 20 food items that Wendy is allergic to, some of which are life-threatening. Peter assured me that we had nothing to worry about as we had given him plenty of time to create some special meals for Wendy as well as visit the local farmers for many of the ingredients.

Each and every meal that Peter prepared for Wendy and I was not only delicious and appealing but most importantly, Wendy never experienced an allergic reaction of any kind. Travellers with food allergies who are reading this can appreciate just how wonderful it is not to worry about food allergies when travelling when you know you can trust the person preparing your food. Too often, while travelling, we find restaurants and hotels whose staff were not sufficiently trained to properly cater to the needs of people with serious food allergies - I am most happy to report that Hillview Haven Estate Guest House is not one of these places. You are in good hands with Peter, bon appetit!

Peter and Irene are a great team and will make you feel welcome from the minute you arrive and will have you feeling like you want to come back before you leave their driveway. We know, we miss them already!

Bob & Wendy

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Best of Britain" room, the second largest room (485 sq. ft.) perfect for...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cajun-bob99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
16.4 km away
4.0 km away
Golden Beach Resort
Golden Beach Resort
#5 of 8 in Roseneath

Been to Hillview Haven Estate? Share your experiences!