“Awesome Lunch”
Review of Starfish Sushi

Starfish Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Starfish Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I went there for a business meal and decided to try the Spicy Tuna Seaweed Salad and then the Sashimi special...all I can say is WOW. The salad was spicy (but not too spicy) and the Sashimi were all tender, flavorful, and beautifully presented. Great first impression of this place.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

On the plus side, we had an enjoyable table outside. Even though you are sitting right next to the parking lot, they have a fence, nice umbrellas, and grasses, roses, and other plantings to make you feel comfortable in that space. The ginger pear ice tea is refreshing and served in a novel fashion! My husband had the bulgogi and noodles and it was delicious.

On the negative side, the restaurant was freezing cold inside; they offered only one selection of Sauvignon Blanc; the short ribs had not been trimmed and had lots of fat on them - it is awkward pulling fat out of ones mouth in public but I am not about to swallow fat just to be polite. The short ribs were swimming in sauce; the flavor was great but it was just too much; my taste buds tired of the flavor. I will most like give Starfish one more try. There are four seafood/sushi restaurants near us so we have other choices. The wait staff was fairly attentive but they were cold in their delivery when speaking to us.

1  Thank debra334
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We have frequently dined at Starfish. The previous visits were outstanding however, my most recent visit on August 8th, not so much. The sushi (particularly) salmon was room barely room temperature. Within 1-2 hours, the stomach started "grumbling" - won't go into details as to what happened next and didn't feel well that day and the following morning. Pretty disappointed with our lunch. It was the only meal I had that day and was sure it was our lunch. Not sure if I will be returning.

2  Thank CASA-ISLA-FANS
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Went in on a whim just to see what this place was all about...and we LOVED it! Ordered the tempura combination, and the Salmon Sunshine and Smoky Bear rolls and they were delicious! Good selection of drinks to choose from too.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I went with my son for lunch. It was recommended by a co-worker of his. The sushi was delicious, the service was good, the furnishings were that of a sleek, modern restaurant. Lots of natural stone. There is outdoor dining available. We both loved it. A bit on the pricey side ($18+ per sushi roll) , but good food.