“Quaint, clean place for excellent pizza”

Brick's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #6 of 199 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We discovered this place through a Groupon. They have a location closer to us, but this one had ham and pineapple on the menu, so we drove here. I think it was worth the 40-minute drive. Quaint ambiance with a TV mounted high on one wall that was tuned in to the Food Network. When we arrived at 7:45 PM on a Wednesday evening, we were the only ones there, but there was a steady stream of dine-in and carry out customers that came in while we were there. We presented our coupon and ordered and paid at the counter. Since we were eating there, I included a tip in my credit card payment. I'm glad I did, because they clean up the table after you leave. I always feel compelled to leave at least a couple bucks at places where they clean up after you, even if it is a place where you order at the counter. Anyway, the service was great. Our pizza was on our table by 8:05, and we had taken a few minutes figuring out what were ordering, so it really did come out quite fast. The tables, plates, and silverware were all very clean. The pizza was quite tasty. I ordered ham with half pineapple and my son ordered one with bacon, chicken, and pepperoni. I've posted pictures separately--not sure if they will be joined to this review. I would love to come back here again sometime soon and while we're here, also spend some time exploring downtown Lombard (this was my first time here to the downtown area). Looking forward to coming back!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Read reviews for pizza places in Lombard for meal before hockey game and decided to go here: "downtown" and "hole in the wall" types are my fav. It also had such a high rating #7:142 restaurants in Lombard. Downtown area was quiet but still had festive lights on trees. Cold night, warm restaurant with the best smells! Ordered the quattro Formaggio (4 cheese) pizza and two drinks for $17, which I thought was good. Watched a guy toss around the dough and sliding press in the brick oven. It didn't take long and we were eating some very tasty pizza. The crust was very good and the cheese was mild and smooth. Friendly staff, hockey on the TV, families, couples=great eating experience!

1  Thank Cotabarb410
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is a great little place in downtown Lombard. They have tasty sandwiches, salads and pizza, along with a limited number of appetizers and desserts. You order and pay at the counter, the soft drinks are self-serve, and they bring your food to you when it's ready. Our lunch order was fast. My friend opted for a cup of the soup of the day. They actually had three soups to choose from and she opted for the mushroom and brie, which she said tasted homemade and "yummy". She also ordered the Caesar salad, which was huge, and had enough left over for her to take home for dinner. I had the Stromboli sandwich and it was delicious. Mild crumbled Italian sausage, a bit of tomato sauce, with onions and peppers and cheese on really good French bread. The prices on the sandwiches, soups and salads are very reasonable and comparable to other places in the area. Prices on the pizza are a little high, but everything is fresh and it's not your usual run-of-the mill pizza. Everyone working there was really pleasant and helpful. Even though they don't have wait-staff per se, the ladies who took our order and brought our food were more than helpful, bringing us boxes and bags for our leftovers. I will definitely come here more often.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I like that you can order and have pizza within minutes. There's a small selection of beer and wine which is satisfactory. Toppings are fresh, the staff is nice and prices are pretty reasonable. I have only tried a couple of their pizzas and the bacon and egg one is our family favorite.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

The Chicken Pesto is awesome. Other sandwiches are good as well. The pizzas are unique with some being good and some just weird. I guess to each its own.