“Happily Surprised ”

Enzo & Lucia Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Enzo & Lucia Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Long Grove
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Robert Parker Coffin Rd
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

A few years ago my husband & I visited. It was AWFUL! The lasagna was still cold in the center, salad was old, service not good. Since then we've heard good things about. We decided to give it another shot. We're very happy we did! It was nothing like our first experience. Service & food was great. We started with the cheese & meat appetizer. It was quite big for only two people so we cancelled our salads that came with our meals. I had the gnocchi...loved it! Was not heavy & wasn't drowning in sauce. My husband had chicken saltimbocca which he liked. For dessert we shared the lemoncello cake. It was light & refreshing. I liked the portion size as well. It wasn't a huge piece like some places do. Very pleased with the service & food. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Perfectly cooked grilled octopus and veal, with pleasant and attentive service.
Was a satisfying dinner.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Haven't been in a long time. Didn't go back as i thought the food missed the mark. Last time the risotto was crunchy and veg on top was way beyond charred. Quite burned. Thought I would Try it again.

Decor and exterior nice and right on the edge of downtown long grove.

Tables nice white paper covers.

Service staff was very good and knowledgeable. Really felt the waiter was well trained and attentive.

Bread excellent. Garlic oil relish with it was very very good. Garlic powerful. Beware if your partner not eating it too

Dinner salad was fine. House dressing very heavy on dried herbs. Too much oregano? In it. It was too thick with dried herb. Almost crunchy.

Pasta cooked perfectly eldente.

Carbonara sauce however was odd. Had very add taste that was unpleasant on your tongue. Don't know what it was but just odd. Main flavor good but had that strange back overtone that made it hard to eat.

Shared some meatballs. Gummy texture. Taste okay but gummy texture was not expected or pleasant. Could not get past the gummy ness.

Marinara sauce was average to good. Sorry. Not special and a bit too acetic for me. There are way better marinara sauces out there. Okay but I expected more.

Last thing is weirdness of kitchen setting. Kitchen off to side but open. Not open in a good way with nice stainless. It's just open. End result is you feel the smoke and steam and grease permeate out somewhat. You end up getting home and smelling like an Italian kitchen

Is it the best Italian in long grove. Yes. But not firing completely on all cylinders.

So nice setting. Great service. Food is okay but has some challenges the last couple trips.

I don't know. Average to good because it's best in long grove. but I was still expecting more in terms of blow you away Italian. Bread and garlic get top billing. Skip the meatballs. Might try sausage instead.

Homemade.

Pasta entre with dinner salad about 16. Meatballs at 5. Lasagne at 17.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Our family went to Enzo & Lucia's last night and had an incredible dinner. My Mother loves Gnocchi and thoroughly enjoyed Enzo's specialty dish.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for the first time, and I was blown away! The value you can get for your money is outstanding. Beautiful building, with beautiful interior. The food was so amazing! I couldn't stop eating, even though it was such a large portion. Service was outstanding as well. You get a lot of food for your money here. And it is one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever ate at! Highly recommend.