“Outstanding beef brisket”

Hog Wild
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 September 2015

This place is quite unique. You better know what you want when you go order. And while you're ordering, the servers are running all around you to deliver food. They will ask the # in your party and go reserve a table for you.

Great BBQ ribs, one thick cut pork chop, awesome brisket sandwich, and I might add the chicken breast is huge. No think offerings here.

Keep in mind this is no Ritz - it's a BBQ joint. They want you in and out, as there are lots of people wanting to eat. It's loud, noisy, the servers will check on you constantly, and you can take 1/2 of your meal home, as the portions are that large.

I liked the atmosphere, and while some complain, this place is different and everyone in our group had a great meal. You order sides and they com in small dishes. Be prepared to come hungry, flavor of everything was very good, and while I won't eat here weekly, I don't get to Chicago weekly either, but will make this a place I will stop when I am in town.

One last thing - bring cash - they don't take credit cards. While they say this, in an emergency they will take it, but they will fuss. There is an ATM machine there, but just take cash and have fun eating some thick cut pork.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

The ribs are tender and full of flavor. The staff is helpful and patient (since it was my first time visiting & the restaurant menu had so many tempting choices).

Reviewed 26 September 2015

If you are looking for a relaxing quiet meal, skip this place. It is noisy, hectic and moves at a monumental pace. The food is good, but because of this it is a highly popular restaurant. The location is quite small with maybe 20 tables. Diners are to order and pay cash before a table is open. Again, the food is good but you feel rushed while others are standing in line waiting for an open table.

Meat portions are generous, but the sides are quite small. Pork and ribs are the main stars. My pork chop was huge and a bit underdone with a slightly pink center. The barbeque sauce is sweet but good.

For good food this is the place. For relaxation and a slower paced evening find another restaurant. They only accept cash and are closed on Monday.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We met family here for a Friday meal that was enjoyable. All four of us tried something different on the menu. My husband had a tasty walleye dinner. I had a crispy chicken romaine salad. The service was quick & very efficient. Our kids had rib sandwiches prepared how they like. This place had a small parking lot with a golf cart-style shuttle that can pick you up & take you to the front entrance. * Important tip Please note this business uses CASH only for bill payment. I believe they had an ATM on site.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

There is nothing fancy about this place and it is mainly a meat and potato meal you will be getting. Saying that, the prices are good, the plates are large (I shared a meal which was plenty for me), and they know how to cook their meat. I had to get the pork chops as that is apparently what they are famous for and I didn't regret it at all. They were thick and juicy and probably better than I cook at home. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

Just make sure you realize it is CASH ONLY (there is an ATM at the entrance just in case)