“Cafe Fresh says it all”

Ranked #11 of 165 Restaurants in Moline
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Coffee house, bakery, Sandwiches, Breakfast
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Great food and drinks and our server Joe was awesome, priced reasonable, cool atmosphere,nice downtown place to eat

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Arrived around 7pm on a Friday night, it appeared to be a little busy (as it was very loud) when I walked in and there was the sign that said to wait to be seated. So I waited. And waited. Finally after I had made eye contact with two employees and a third told me to wait "just a minute" (after I had been standing there long enough to become uncomfortable) she came up to me and asked if she could help me, somewhat as if she was expecting me to ask to use their phone or if I was selling something. I said that the sign noted to wait to be seated, and she said, "oh, you are here to eat"? Yeah, I am.

I was seated and placed my order. I asked for a water with lemon, I received a water with lime. I ordered the guacamole with blue chips, I received guacamole with brown chips. I ordered the garden salad with shrimp and balsamic dressing, I received a pile of greens with two thin small slices of onion, two thin small slices of avocado, about seven grape tomatoes, five shrimp, two strips of croutons, a very small cup of dressing, and a small bit of sprouts. I opted out of cucumbers and cheese. All I thought of was it being $16. I regret not taking a photograph for the review even though food pictures are not something I do much of.

I also will note that my server did not bring out the appetizer or salad, instead two different people did that and did so while barely breaking stride and neither saying a word, just a dump and go.

I have been in town on business for two weeks and of all the places that I have been to none have made me feel like I did here at Cafe Fresh. I would have preferred they just said I wasn't welcome.

The only reason that I don't give one star is because that has to be reserved for the worst of the worst, not just an unwelcoming atmosphere and lack of value. The guacamole was pretty good too.

1  Thank unsung
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Have been here many times, one of my favorite places in the Quad Cities area. Super good, healthy food. Unique spanish/latin flare. Totally recommend the ceviche, guacamole, salads and tacos. Not your 'run of the mill' blah mexican, this place is really really good. Great wines as well.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

One of my favorites! Fresh, Delicious food. A large selection of sandwiches, wraps, taco's, salads. The Sangria is one of my favorites and they also sell local brewed beers. It's a little loud and sometimes feel rushed because of people waiting to be seated, but well worth the wait! I recommend you go before noon or after 1:00. Evenings are also a good time to go! I'm hungry just thinking about them!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Nice menu. Good variety of food. Marginal beer/wine selection. Food was fresh and plentiful. Service was great!

Been to Cafe Fresh? Share your experiences!