“Calabrese Sandwich”
Review of Avanti Cafe

Avanti Cafe
Ranked #10 of 144 Restaurants in Mount Prospect
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Avanti is a little gem of an Italian cafe. My personal favorite is the calabrese sandwich, a deep fried pork cutlet with cheese, grilled panini style. Order a small side of red sauce for dipping. Yum. They have a wide variety of Italian cold cut style sandwiches that are outstanding. The prosciutto is amazing.

1  Thank Keith C

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

This place reminded me of the bars back in Italy you get a great cup of Espresso to go with a Panini or a breakfast frittata I recommend to stop here for a true Italian Espresso or latte macchiato not Starbucks. Tony the owner was great and very hospitable. My family and I were traveling from Cleveland to see a concert

1  Thank Francesco D
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Cool fall evening we could walk here from the Country Inn and Suites and was recommended by the desk clerk. Really good fried perch! Italian Beef was right on and very tasty. Desserts looked amazing but too full.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

This family owned and run restaurant will be one of your places to go for just good Italian food. Very casual and almost a fast food restaurant but, a place to try.

1  Thank dicksayad
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I was in Mt. Prospect 2 weeks ago, and a co-worker took me to Avanti Café. OMG!!!The pizza was wonderful! While at the register I see this desert that they call "A Piece of Heaven", and boy was it ever! It is also known as cheese stick, ( I found that out when I went back in the evening, for more!). Absolutely divine perfection!!
The staff was very friendly and it is family owned and operated. I met an uncle, one of the twin girls, and the highlight of my day(next to the desert) was speaking with and meeting ANTONIO! What a pleasant, endearing, charming young man! He has a Marketing future. What a pleasure!
Antonio , can we work on shipping me some Pieces of Heaven? lol

I hope business is going well and that you are not working too hard!

BJ