“Very Disappointed, but not for the reason you may think.”
Review of La Tavola Trattoria - CLOSED

La Tavola Trattoria
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 18 August 2015

On Friday July 31st I called La Tavola Trattoria to make a reservation for 4 for Saturday night. I was told by the person who answered the phone that this was their last night. What?? Though I was told that they are relocating when they find a new location. I left my email address for Carlos to let me know about his new place. I really can't blame him for leaving the location as I never felt it was a good one. I believe their business suffered due to being in an odd place. I'm hoping not to lose track of them this time. I used to frequent Capriccio's in Northfield. My favorite dish was the Black Pasta with Seafood. So so good! It took me a while to track them to Niles and I could now get my black pasta fix. Once again I'll have to keep track of their relocation. Capriccio's was great and was in Northfield for many years. I was surprised when they suddenly closed. I hope to once again be thrilled by the food! Good luck to Carlos and Mario on their future endeavor!

1  Thank baderman1

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My boyfriend and I. Went here for an early dinner. No one else was there. We we seated quickly and they pushed drinks on us but we had to ask for menus! Food was average. There are much better places to eat Italian in the area

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were frequent visitors to Mario's Capriccio's location in Northfield for many years. It's terrific to see that the great food and customer service came along. The location may be a little tough to find for first time clients especially at night, but is definitely worth the trouble. My wife had the multi-colored seafood pasta special and my mother-in-law the salmon special. Both were terrific according to the judges. I asked if they could prepare a signature dish from the Capriccio days, black squid pasta with seafood. Yes they could and oh what a treat it was! A little on the pricey side for a special order but my taste buds truly appreciated the experience. The highlight of the evening, besides the food, was chef Eddy's singing. What a talent in the kitchen and behind the microphone. La Tavola has great food and attentive service. Looking forward to heading there for lunch in the near future!

1  Thank Ed G
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Excellent food. Great service. Had the Lobster Ravioli and it was delicious. Best Italian restaurant in the area.

2  Thank LesD106
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Great service, excellent veal, quiet environment and good price. Very overlooked restaurant, usually get a seat immediately. Can't go wrong with a visit here.

1  Thank Renegades24